Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reds battery light

Bignorm43

Ford Focus zetec 1.8 zetec 2007.Red battery light on,engine revving.Been checked by mechanic new alternator,checked by auto electrician ,ECU just undergone tests no faults.Pleaseb someone help driving me mad.

More important - is it charging or not.  If it’s charging I could live with the red light. 

Petrol or diesel?   I ask because I know diesel has a one way clutch in the pulley which can fail so alternator spins slower than should.  The pulley and shaft is separate from the alternator.    I don’t know what the setup is on petrol

• Like 1

It is a petrol and according to mechanic was charging before sent ECU back for testing 

• 8 months later...
On 4/15/2022 at 12:21 PM, Carl123 said:

I'd rather eat a steaming dog ***** than trust Kwik Fit to do anything other than change a tyre!

• Haha 2

Does it have battery monitor on the negative battery terminal?(not sure what year they started putting those on)  I recently bought a digital voltmeter that plugs into cigarette lighter.  About 6 quid on eBay . It’s quite handy for seeing what’s going in without messing about with a multimeter and connecting the wires.  This kind of style:

DD934419-6EB4-4BA6-8CCB-C07956725321.png

25 minutes ago, isetta said:

Does it have battery monitor on the negative battery terminal?(not sure what year they started putting those on)  I recently bought a digital voltmeter that plugs into cigarette lighter.  About 6 quid on eBay . It’s quite handy for seeing what’s going in without messing about with a multimeter and connecting the wires.  This kind of style:

DD934419-6EB4-4BA6-8CCB-C07956725321.png

I've never seen on a MK2/MK2.5, I think Ford introduced them as part the BMS on the MK3.

Mk2 focus had smart charge, have you got 3 wires going to your alternator multiplug?

If so, you will probably find your purple wire if i remember correctly is broken somewhere.

By what a lot of sudden activity on this old post. Originally posted in April 2022, the OP has not been back to read any of the replies since 4th June 2022 🤔

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club