Do Not Sell My Personal Information

System failure reduced

Connorhutch97

I have a warning coming up on the dashboard on my 2005 focus , it drives away fine but then at about 70mph it came on saying system failure reduced and then the abs light came on and it seemed to lose power for a second but then came back on ... 

Any ideas ? 

Sounds like an ABS sensor fault.

That would also tally with the beep you're hearing over rough ground in the other thread (over zealous ESP!).

Needs to be plugged in to a decent code reader.  Ideally Forscan.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

That would also tally with the beep you're hearing over rough ground in the other thread (over zealous ESP!).

Yeah I'll have to get a code scanner but the beeping stopped once I locked the doors when driving so that was that sorted 

15 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Or put into a garage just wondered if this was common or its gonna be expensive to sort 🤔 

1 hour ago, Connorhutch97 said:

Or put into a garage just wondered if this was common or its gonna be expensive to sort 🤔 

Can't say without the codes...  If it's just an ABS sensor then that's a quick & easy fix.

• Like 2

On 4/15/2022 at 12:04 PM, TomsFocus said:

Can't say without the codes...  If it's just an ABS sensor then that's a quick & easy fix.

Took it to a garage and the code reader said a fault with the lambda sensor and a fault with the catalytic converter,  they said a hole in between the two lambda sensors is causing the problem. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Connorhutch97 said:

Took it to a garage and the code reader said a fault with the lambda sensor and a fault with the catalytic converter,  they said a hole in between the two lambda sensors is causing the problem. 

Not sure how that would trigger the ABS light, so it's possible there's more than one problem.

Obviously the exhaust needs sorting first though.  Have the garage quoted for a repair or replacement?

4 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Not sure how that would trigger the ABS light, so it's possible there's more than one problem.

Obviously the exhaust needs sorting first though.  Have the garage quoted for a repair or replacement?

I think it's just losing power and all the lights are coming on with the fault and aye I've been quote 120 for a new flexi and to have it fitted 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club