Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Post head gasket replacement advice - Ford Focus ST-Line Auto

KAWS

Hi there

I've got a 2019 Focus ST-Line Auto 1.0 purchased a year ago with 10500 miles on it; currently has 22,000 miles on it. It had a major service last July and I took it for an interim service last month just to check that there were no major concerns before the warranty was due to run out this July. After the interim check the report sheet had a red highlight on 'possible leak from the head gasket' so naturally I asked them to have it back for a thorough check while it's under warranty. Turns out the head gasket failed! It's been replaced but since then I've noticed juddering around 40-50mph when you are lightly over the accelerator. There doesn't seem to be a delay with power even if you want it to accelerate hard, it seems to go up and down the gear ratio fairly smoothly and when it's idle it also seems fine. One thing I did notice from the start of owning the car is at around 30-32mph light juddering occurs but at the time I thought it was the car deciding which gear it wanted at that low speed (and Ford said this is probably right). This is my first auto and I've generally been very pleased with it. I will contact the dealership where the work was done but was interested to get others opinions. Many thanks. 

Get Forscan and reset transmission adaptive learning strategy or before warranty expires ask Ford to update software in PCM and TCM and reset adaptive learning strategy

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KAWS said:

the car is at around 30-32mph light juddering occurs

my daughters Ecosport had always done that, and to be honest we just lived with it. Recently due to unrelated events I had to do the full reteach of the gearbox using FORScan. Since then the gear changes are so much better, no juddering and noticeably smoother changes through out the range. So as Dave has said get them to reset the adaptive learning.

Thank you both for your advice, I really appreciate it. 

Just a quick update, after a chat with Ford and a visit to try and show them the issue, they have booked it in next week to reset the auto gearbox learning etc. Thanks again for your advice. 

• Like 3

lets hope they put any later software on there first then reset it...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club