Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 custom 290 ltd

Leeroycormi

Ey up, bought myself a 2014 290 ltd custom back end of January, about 5 weeks ago had a break down and it was coming up as dpf, bit the bullet and put an new one on, had it back 3 days and turbo died, had a new turbo put on and it's now billowing out blue grey smoke,  I'm not mechanical minded and have left it to the local garage.. any ideas anyone? 

Thanks in advance 

Blue smoke is normally an indication that a lot of oil is finding its way into the Combustion Chamber(s) and is being burned.

If that is the problem it could be getting its way in there from a few sources and the garage should be able to diagnose what the main problem is although it could be one main problem and some other minor ones, hopefully it is a faulty Turbo, which can be replaced.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tizer said:

Blue smoke is normally an indication that a lot of Oil is finding its way into the Combustion Chamber(s) and is being burned.

and White smoke is normally an indication that a new pope has been elected 😂

• Haha 1

It's had a new dpf and turbo fitted but still smoking. 

Regens quite often cause blue/grey smoke, looks horrific but it's not just a sign of oil burning as it used to be.  I wonder if the vapouriser is leaking into the DPF?

Any idea why the first turbo failed?  Excess oil pressure blowing an oil seal maybe? 

From what I can gather the dpf had backed up and clogged the turbo with carbon, have seen the old turbo and it was caked in it, I'm just worried it's gonna be a money pit now 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club