Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta very rough on Road

fordfiesta2013mk7

Neb_engineer - Can I not check somehow the condition of the belt to give me an idea of whether it's definitely on it's way out?

Eric - I've had another quote for £800 from a local independent garage - This includes parts & labour.  They said that the belt they would use is called INA.  There is no labour guarantee and parts are only covered for 12 months.

Could always sell it and buy something more comfortable and with a dry belt, or a chain, instead?

If it's only looks that drew you to it, you're presumably going to lose those by changing the wheels anyway?

The £1000 charge for a wetbelt isn't bad if you're intending to keep the car for 10 years...but if you're only likely to keep it for a short time, it's difficult to justify.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fordfiesta2013mk7 said:

I've had another quote for £800 from a local independent garage - This includes parts & labour.  They said that the belt they would use is called INA.  There is no labour guarantee and parts are only covered for 12 months.

It sounds as if they don't have a lot of confidence in their own work and at that sort of price I'd see what prices Ford dealerships come up with - plenty around in Yorkshire.

I keep an eye open for items on this and other topics and remembered this thread on the Honest John forum from last year - a couple of members on there seem to have got reasonable quotes from their local Ford dealerships.

https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/147404/ford-fiesta-ecoboost

As for Inspecting the belt - here's a video clip of a guy doing that but there's a fair amount of dismantling to get to that point.

The other issue is inspecting the oil pump strainer for debris which is a sign of the belt starting to break up (this is usually caused by neglected oil changes or wrong grade having been used). Again, fair bit of work involved in dropping the sump and anything in the way.

7 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Could always sell it and buy something more comfortable and with a dry belt, or a chain, instead?

If it's only looks that drew you to it, you're presumably going to lose those by changing the wheels anyway?

The £1000 charge for a wetbelt isn't bad if you're intending to keep the car for 10 years...but if you're only likely to keep it for a short time, it's difficult to justify.

Yes it was looks that drew me to it and rather than wasting lots of money maintaining and changing it, it might be worth selling it and buying a more standard vehicle, but I expect to lose a lot of money. 

I don't have any plans to keep it for another 10 years.

3 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

It sounds as if they don't have a lot of confidence in their own work and at that sort of price I'd see what prices Ford dealerships come up with - plenty around in Yorkshire.

I keep an eye open for items on this and other topics and remembered this thread on the Honest John forum from last year - a couple of members on there seem to have got reasonable quotes from their local Ford dealerships.

https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/147404/ford-fiesta-ecoboost

As for Inspecting the belt - here's a video clip of a guy doing that but there's a fair amount of dismantling to get to that point.

The other issue is inspecting the oil pump strainer for debris which is a sign of the belt starting to break up (this is usually caused by neglected oil changes or wrong grade having been used). Again, fair bit of work involved in dropping the sump and anything in the way.

Thanks mate.  Sounds like I'm not up for this headache.  This is why I prefer Toyotas - They might not look pretty and cost more to purchase, but they are rock-solid.

• Like 1

hello everyone 

I will get the 2020 Ford fiesta 1.0 EcoBoost Titanium in the coming weeks. Any thoughts is it an good car?

13 hours ago, Kamon said:

hello everyone 

I will get the 2020 Ford fiesta 1.0 EcoBoost Titanium in the coming weeks. Any thoughts is it an good car?

Hi Kamon,

As this thread concerns specific issues with the earlier version of the Fiesta, you would probably be better off starting a new topic for your query.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone

I will get the 2020 Ford fiesta 1.0 EcoBoost Titanium in the coming weeks. Any thoughts is it an good car?kodi nox

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club