Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2.5 1.6TDCI few issues

Shortstuff80

Hi guys and gals, I've got a mk2.5 1.6TDCI titanium. It has a warning light on saying D900, does anyone know what could cause it? The car runs perfectly fine but obviously I need to look into the fault.

The other 1 is with the keyless entry. It all works except the car only locks by pressing the button on the door and the buttons on the fob don't work. I changed the battery as the previous owner said that was the problem but it's still the same. How hard or how much would it cost to fix?

Thanks for reading 

The fault code of dtc d900 is not a true trouble code. This code can be displayed on the dashboard, but it is a communication error between the ECM and the dash. It could indicate there is a problem, but to verify that You will need to have the car scanned with an OBD scanner. If the scan comes up with nothing then the code is being displayed by mistake. Turning the car on and off may clear it, but if it keeps coming back then You may need to have the PCM flashed. Don't ignore this, but don't panic over it either. If You get this code but the check engine light is not on then You are almost certainly fine.

The key issue would indicate that the key fob needs syncing to the RCL system.

The procedure should be listed in your owners manual.

If you don't have a manual then it is available online here-

https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/my-vehicle/download-your-manual

On 6/28/2022 at 4:36 PM, Stoney871 said:

The fault code of dtc d900 is not a true trouble code. This code can be displayed on the dashboard, but it is a communication error between the ECM and the dash. It could indicate there is a problem, but to verify that You will need to have the car scanned with an OBD scanner. If the scan comes up with nothing then the code is being displayed by mistake. Turning the car on and off may clear it, but if it keeps coming back then You may need to have the PCM flashed. Don't ignore this, but don't panic over it either. If You get this code but the check engine light is not on then You are almost certainly fine.

The key issue would indicate that the key fob needs syncing to the RCL system.

The procedure should be listed in your owners manual.

If you don't have a manual then it is available online here-

https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/my-vehicle/download-your-manual

Cheers, my brother has a reader so I'm going to get it read properly when we get together. The car did go into limp mode yesterday but I got to where I was going then started up for the drive back and it was fine driving from bishop Auckland to Newcastle then back then home to Newcastle again.

Thanks for the download I have the manuals for the car but didn't think they'd put something like that in them and only having the 1 key didn't want to mess with it and not be able to use the car at all

Hi, My father in law has a 2011 Mk2.5 Focus Titanium with passive entry, like yours.

The remote entry system had stopped working altogether but the system still locked and unlocked OK on the door handles/boot switch. It also kept warning that "Keyfree Key not in Vehicle" even though the engine had started.

Under investigation, we suspected contaminated/faulty GEM but then found that late MK2.5s with passive entry and keyless start, have a further, piggy-back module in the rear 1/4 panel for remote activation, this had been contaminated by condensation.

We replaced the module, which wasn't cheap and all is good now.

I would suggest looking at that first

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, DaveT70 said:

Hi, My father in law has a 2011 Mk2.5 Focus Titanium with passive entry, like yours.

The remote entry system had stopped working altogether but the system still locked and unlocked OK on the door handles/boot switch. It also kept warning that "Keyfree Key not in Vehicle" even though the engine had started.

Under investigation, we suspected contaminated/faulty GEM but then found that late MK2.5s with passive entry and keyless start, have a further, piggy-back module in the rear 1/4 panel for remote activation, this had been contaminated by condensation.

We replaced the module, which wasn't cheap and all is good now.

I would suggest looking at that first

I've not had any messages about the key not being in the vehicle yet. I'm not sure what I'm looking for tbh, on my car the only button that locks the car is the 1 on the drivers door. Nothing happens when I press the 1 on the passenger door or boot.

Well, follow the process we did.

Make sure the cluster is working properly (no CAN COMMS codes)

Make sure there is no water damage to the GEM, it will show as green fur on the terminals

Then check RKE module in rear quarter

On 6/30/2022 at 2:48 PM, DaveT70 said:

Well, follow the process we did.

Make sure the cluster is working properly (no CAN COMMS codes)

Make sure there is no water damage to the GEM, it will show as green fur on the terminals

Then check RKE module in rear quarter

Cheers, I'll have a hunt for the modules. I'm looking into getting Forscan, do you know if that also helps checking codes for the key?

It showed no codes at all on Forscan, which is what threw Ford too. Only that RKE was deactivated

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club