Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rs alloys upgrade

Craig galaxy
聽Share

Hi, I'm new and I've got the chance to buy genuine focus聽 rs 18 inch alloys. I've tried them on my galaxy and fit great and look great but only getting about 5 n half to 6 turns on my old wheel nuts 馃. As less of the thread is showing when I put on the rs alloys. Do I need to buy other wheel nuts with more of an angle on the nuts to get further in?. I also need to buy new lick nuts as mine don't fit as the diameter for the socket is smaller 馃槙

Thanks 馃憤

18" Focus RS alloy wheels? I could be wrong but I thought they were all 19" except the MK1 Focus RS which were 18" but they are 4 stud pattern.

Got a photo of them or any other details?

Hi, thanks for your reply. These are 225/40/18. Think mk2 focus rs?. I have a photo but won't let me load it or I'm just tech thick lol.聽

I think but not sure if they are mk2 focus style reps then聽聽馃聽 not 100% but the guy had them on his focus .. Its just the wheel nut fitment issue I'm having.聽 Need to know before I buy them as if the hub bolt length is shorter on the galaxy then it could be a no buy 馃槙聽聽馃槀

If they're reps, they may use different nuts to genuine Ford wheels.聽 Can you take a picture of one nut hole?聽 Ideally showing the angles inside if possible.聽 I don't think the studs are a different length (but will check now) I suspect it's just the wrong shaped nuts.

18" Ford Focus RS Style Alloy Wheels - Meduza Design Ltd

1279208931_1692722_w300_h300__54091.1459505667.jpg?c=2

Ok, so I can't find the exact stud length, however I have found some interesting info.聽 The Galaxy uses longer studs as well as longer headed nuts...聽 The actual seat of the nut appears to be the same shape though.

Galaxy hub:

Picture 2 of 4

Focus hub:

Picture 3 of 4

Galaxy nuts:

Picture 1 of 4

Focus nuts:

Picture 1 of 4

Personally I wouldn't want to fit them if there is little thread showing. Too much of a safety concern for me.

Additionally, you should tell your insurance company that you have changed the wheels. But, if you were to get genuine Ford wheels, they sometimes don't mind.

聽Hi, guys thanks for the replys appricate it. Yes thread length is an issue for me 馃槵. As I want it to be safe.聽 And must be the alloy that's giving me less thread聽 length. Cheers for the info and pics聽 馃憤馃憤

Hi.

If you have any issues with insurance at all for a change of wheels then please feel to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.聽

11 hours ago, Craig galaxy said:

IMG_20220710_140819.jpg

Thanks for that, I can't really see the angle sadly.聽 Is it flat across the bottom or does it have the 60 degree taper like Ford wheels?

Hi Tom, sorry not the best pic 馃槵. I'll check later and get back to you聽 on the flat or tapered and I'll measure the thread length that's exposed from the alloy. Thanks alk fir your time replying 馃憤

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club