Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


glue or silicone for caps?


froggy8
 Share

Recommended Posts

hi guys

one of my cap have fallen off and cant find it so will be getting another one soon.

was wondering fi you guys use glue or clear silicone to stick it back on?

many thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Glue works well for a hat so it probably be ok for a cap

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, unofix said:

Glue works well for a hat so it probably be ok for a cap

 

brilliant! many thanks

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

what caps are you talking about😕

Link to comment
Share on other sites

apologies, wheel center caps.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


11 minutes ago, dezwez said:

what caps are you talking about😕

i would use glue

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Neither.  It'll need to be removed when the tyres are changed.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TomsFocus said:

Neither.  It'll need to be removed when the tyres are changed.

really? on all my other cars they dont touch the center cap at all to change the tires.

i am bit worried if water gets inside the wheel hub and ruin the drive shaft.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, froggy8 said:

really? on all my other cars they dont touch the center cap at all to change the tires.

i am bit worried if water gets inside the wheel hub and ruin the drive shaft.

Unless your other cars have centreless alloys (Peugeot/Citroen mainly) then most garages will need to remove the centre cap for thier balancing machine.  

Even 10 years ago it was hard to find a garage with the correct adapter to balance centreless alloys...I was a Peugeot guy back then.

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TomsFocus said:

Unless your other cars have centreless alloys (Peugeot/Citroen mainly) then most garages will need to remove the centre cap for thier balancing machine.  

Even 10 years ago it was hard to find a garage with the correct adapter to balance centreless alloys...I was a Peugeot guy back then.

 

i had a skoda fabia and 3 caps fell out so i had t buy some more, fitted them ( didnt need glue or anything, was them clip on ones).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, froggy8 said:

i had a skoda fabia and 3 caps fell out so i had t buy some more, fitted them ( didnt need glue or anything, was them clip on ones).

Yes, they do just clip in, designed for easy removal. :smile: 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...

Forums


News


Membership