Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ac button not ilumuninating to turn ac pump on

tonyroe666

Hi Guys i saw a earlier thread about a ford focus with a ac problem but my issue is a different scenerio the cars fan is working on all speeds but the ac button is not illuminating or activating the ac clutch on the compresser , i have checked all relays and fuses and all seems fine.

I am pretty sure that the button would work even if the ac compresser was siezed am i right in thinking the resister on the button has gone ***** up or whatever part makes the the ac button in the car work.

this car is a 2016 ford focus we had the ac regassed then two days later we get this problem and i would love to solve it myself 

regards Tony

4 hours ago, tonyroe666 said:

Hi Guys i saw a earlier thread about a ford focus with a ac problem but my issue is a different scenerio the cars fan is working on all speeds but the ac button is not illuminating or activating the ac clutch on the compresser , i have checked all relays and fuses and all seems fine.

I am pretty sure that the button would work even if the ac compresser was siezed am i right in thinking the resister on the button has gone ***** up or whatever part makes the the ac button in the car work.

this car is a 2016 ford focus we had the ac regassed then two days later we get this problem and i would love to solve it myself 

regards Tony

update it seems i got the relay part wrong as i plugged my scanner into the car and i had fault code replay short circuit so i tried another relay and it still did not work so it seems i have a duff relay and a duff ac button so 2 issues can anybody confirm this that my diagnosis is correct 

are you sure its still holding gas .. no gas the switch wont turn on

• Like 1

A/C button will still light up but PCM will not allow compressor to run with low charge.

On 8/2/2022 at 8:23 PM, ferretfloozy said:

are you sure its still holding gas .. no gas the switch wont turn on

Update yes scanner confirmed enough pressure i found the fault the fan is also not working that sits in front of the ac pump which is why it wont turn on the ac button in the car apparently this is designed to do this to protect the ac pump from overheating 

so yes i had 2 issues fan not working which in turn has burnt out the relay problem solved lovely ac working and very cold indeed 

apparently common problem on the Focus models 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club