Do Not Sell My Personal Information

0299/2598 Turbo fault

Steve876334

2011 Focus Diesel MK3
Replaced the boost pressure sensor a while back but error codes 0299/2598 are back. Was running ok but last two days limited turbo/engine malfunction message. I did a short journey last night and did get turbo but today no turbo.
Any ideas what else I can try?

728E9682-70C5-4D4F-BFD8-EAFEF6CEF35C.jpeg

Check for loose or split boost pipes.  If that's your actual engine then the oil splatter above the concertina suggests there may be an issue in that area.

10 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Check for loose or split boost pipes.  If that's your actual engine then the oil splatter above the concertina suggests there may be an issue in that area.

Cheers, I’ll have a look. If it’s not pipes/hoses, any other ideas? 

5 minutes ago, Steve876334 said:

Cheers, I’ll have a look. If it’s not pipes/hoses, any other ideas? 

Boost solenoid maybe.  Or split in the vac pipe from it.

27 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Boost solenoid maybe.  Or split in the vac pipe from it.

Is that DIY job like the pressure sensor I changed? Not even sure the location?

1 minute ago, Steve876334 said:

Is that DIY job like the pressure sensor I changed? Not even sure the location?

It's just pipes, clips and a plug so technically easily DIY'd.  Not 100% sure on location now though (memory fading!), think it's mounted on the bulkhead but can't say how accessible it might be.

15 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

It's just pipes, clips and a plug so technically easily DIY'd.  Not 100% sure on location now though (memory fading!), think it's mounted on the bulkhead but can't say how accessible it might be.

No obvious leaks.

Think I might have the location?

CD6BFE88-D8AB-4016-AAA8-1D9CBF1DD07B.jpeg

E5C28473-C4E7-4E0E-8F44-76D33B40DF53.jpeg

E057644B-89AC-429F-8E18-1A1C88C67F73.png

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Steve876334 said:

No obvious leaks.

Think I might have the location?

CD6BFE88-D8AB-4016-AAA8-1D9CBF1DD07B.jpeg

E5C28473-C4E7-4E0E-8F44-76D33B40DF53.jpeg

E057644B-89AC-429F-8E18-1A1C88C67F73.png

Yeah, that's the one.

The boost solenoid if it's like mine has a sponge inside it and can get blocked and will make a weird sound when the engine is running.

12 hours ago, F0CUE said:

The boost solenoid if it's like mine has a sponge inside it and can get blocked and will make a weird sound when the engine is running.

I’ve not actually noticed a weird sound but will have another check. Anything else linked to them fault codes you know of?

On 8/5/2022 at 9:07 AM, TomsFocus said:

Hi Tom, which oil splatter was you talking about?

4 minutes ago, Steve876334 said:

Hi Tom, which oil splatter was you talking about?

If you look to the left of the dipstick, above that concertina boost pipe, the metal boost pipe is damp & shiny.  There's oil mist getting onto it from somewhere.  If that's from a boost leak, it will also be reducing the boost pressure reaching the MAP sensor.  I'm not sure if that's your engine or just a pic pulled from the internet though?

1 hour ago, Steve876334 said:

I’ve not actually noticed a weird sound but will have another check. Anything else linked to them fault codes you know of?

Normally just the boost leaks as far as I'm aware and any of the associated boost sensors.

5 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

If you look to the left of the dipstick, above that concertina boost pipe, the metal boost pipe is damp & shiny.  There's oil mist getting onto it from somewhere.  If that's from a boost leak, it will also be reducing the boost pressure reaching the MAP sensor.  I'm not sure if that's your engine or just a pic pulled from the internet though?

Yes that’s my engine. I did wipe one of those pipes just general clean but not showing a spray of leak around other parts near there 

3 hours ago, F0CUE said:

Normally just the boost leaks as far as I'm aware and any of the associated boost sensors.

Any best ways to check the pipes further?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club