Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Changing Head up display from mph to kph.

Peter 283

i have 2019  Ford Focus Vignale estate and I will making a short trip to France and Belgium next month. Is it possible to change the head up display  to show speed and speed limit signs in kilometres per hour. Kph on the speedometer is small and faint, so I usually end up doing mental arithmetic  which is good for the brain, but I would rather concentrate on my driving!

Never had a HUD but i would have thought its display units would be changed by the same setting that changes the speed display in the 'normal' driving display. That's driving data-> units IIRC

4 hours ago, Peter 283 said:

i have 2019  Ford Focus Vignale estate and I will making a short trip to France and Belgium next month. Is it possible to change the head up display  to show speed and speed limit signs in kilometres per hour. Kph on the speedometer is small and faint, so I usually end up doing mental arithmetic  which is good for the brain, but I would rather concentrate on my driving!

It can be changed to Km. Think it's in the HUD settings from the centre console.

If it's not there then my other suggestion would be the sat nav settings.

2 hours ago, Wino said:

It can be changed to Km. Think it's in the HUD settings from the centre console.

If it's not there then my other suggestion would be the sat nav settings.

Thank you for your suggestions. The centre console button only allows you to change position of display and which items you wish to show. on menu menu from the  steering wheel button the only measurement change I can find is between Gallons and litres. However my mobile phone has the Ford Pass app which is synched to the car and there is provision to change measurements between miles and kilometres: there is a vague reference on the web that this should change  the car display . I will investigate further when the car is not like an oven inside!

1 hour ago, Peter 283 said:

Thank you for your suggestions. The centre console button only allows you to change position of display and which items you wish to show. on menu menu from the  steering wheel button the only measurement change I can find is between Gallons and litres. However my mobile phone has the Ford Pass app which is synched to the car and there is provision to change measurements between miles and kilometres: there is a vague reference on the web that this should change  the car display . I will investigate further when the car is not like an oven inside!

I know that when we bought ours the HUD was showing in kph, so I'm leaning more towards the settings on the sat nav.

9 minutes ago, Wino said:

I know that when we bought ours the HUD was showing in kph, so I'm leaning more towards the settings on the sat nav.

Thank you-I will have a probe at the earliest opportunity, as I am sure I chanced upon a setting somewhere. Many of my contemporaries won't go near computers, so I am feel that I am not doing too badly for my age!

Surely it will be in the normal settings on the dashboard? Metric to imperial or whatever it is?

7 minutes ago, shawty1984 said:

Surely it will be in the normal settings on the dashboard? Metric to imperial or whatever it is?

If only life was that simple !

33 minutes ago, unofix said:

If only life was that simple !

It is, just checked. 

Dashboard settings, scroll down to the car (settings), then display, then measurement unit and change to km & km/l. That certainly changes the speed to kph. Whether it changes the road signs I'm not sure, but then won't the camera pick those up when driving in France?

• Like 1

On 8/7/2022 at 7:14 PM, Wino said:

Solved it! It is so simple when you know how! It is on the touchscreen-not Navigation, but General setting, which can easily be switched between miles and kilometres. The HUD speed immediately changed to register KPH, but   I won't know about speed limit signs until I  go to France. Thank you all for your input.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Peter 283 said:

Solved it! It is so simple when you know how! It is on the touchscreen-not Navigation, but General setting, which can easily be switched between miles and kilometres. The HUD speed immediately changed to register KPH, but   I won't know about speed limit signs until I  go to France. Thank you all for your input.

Nice you got it sorted before you go to France. Have a safe and good trip.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club