Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine warning light, several DTCs

Marco77

Hello everyone, maybe someone got this error/s before and can help me with this.

I have a Focus 1.5tdci (2016) and a few weeks back got an engine warning light followed by disabled ABS light and disabled hill start assist when I stop the car.

Restarting the car the warnings go way but eventually will come back again.

Forscan shows:

===PCM DTC P0299:00-64===

Code: P0299 - Turbocharger/Supercharger 'A' Underboost Condition

- DTC Maturing - Intermittent at Time of Request

- Malfunction Indicator Lamp is Off for this DTC

- Test not complete

Module: Powertrain Control Module

===PCM DTC P2563:72-6C===  Code: P2563 - Turbocharger Boost Control Position Sensor 'A' Circuit Range/Performance  Additional Fault Symptom:  - Actuator Stuck Open  Status:   - DTC Maturing - Intermittent at Time of Request  - Malfunction Indicator Lamp is Off for this DTC  - Test not complete

===OBDII DTC P0299-P===

Code: P0299 - Turbocharger/Supercharger 'A' Underboost Condition

- Pending - malfunction is expected to be confirmed

===ABS DTC U0401:00-29===  Code: U0401 - Invalid Data Received from ECM/PCM A  Status:   - DTC Present at Time of Request  - Malfunction Indicator Lamp is Off for this DTC  Module: Antilock braking system

Forscan live data shows VGT_A_STATUS with "error"

Is this the sensor below the VGT actuator?

Thanks in advance.IMG_20220807_170326.jpg.fd528afecfde80899719da5bcaba49a1.jpg

Using a multimeter measure the voltage of the battery terminals 1 hour after the car has been parked and tell us what the reading is.

2 hours ago, unofix said:

Using a multimeter measure the voltage of the battery terminals 1 hour after the car has been parked and tell us what the reading is.

I can't check voltage right now. I'm on vacation and don't have a multimeter around. But I changed the battery after this problems, it doesn't have 2 weeks old.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2022 at 6:24 PM, unofix said:

Hello, it reads 12.60v.

• Like 1

Thank you for the information. The battery voltage measured at 12.60V is very good and so I think we can rule out any low voltage problems.

In the last 2 weeks have you had further problems ?

15 hours ago, unofix said:

Thank you for the information. The battery voltage measured at 12.60V is very good and so I think we can rule out any low voltage problems.

In the last 2 weeks have you had further problems ?

Unfortunately yes, the lack of power is notorious, specially if the car is full. The ABS error only showed once in two weeks.  It was cleared and never showed up again. The DTC P2563 reappears after clearing DTCs.

The DTC P2563 is a standard generic code but it would seem to indicate that the variable vanes inside the turbo charger are defective. This would certainly result in a lack of power.

It looks like you may need a replacement turbo charger. Have you checked that the vane actuator is moving ?

6 hours ago, unofix said:

The DTC P2563 is a standard generic code but it would seem to indicate that the variable vanes inside the turbo charger are defective. This would certainly result in a lack of power.

It looks like you may need a replacement turbo charger. Have you checked that the vane actuator is moving ?

Yes I see it moving, responding to the accelerator pedal.

But shouldn't the VGT_A_STAT give any info? It is only returning "error",  maybe it is crippling performance?

If you can see the actuator moving then I feel the next stage is to remove the turbo and check that the vanes are all OK and can move.

You need advice from @wilco who will know more about this problem

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...

Hi marco,

Did you solve this problem? , cause i have the same right now

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club