Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Automatic "level regulation" on AWD?

i4lean

Hello! I just got my Galaxy 2018 AWD.  It will often be fully loaded with family and gear so I prefer to have automatic regulation to avoid the car "sitting down too low" at the rear end.

Reading the Galaxy broschure I see that "automatic regulation" is not available as an option to AWD (only for 2WD).  Does anyone know why? Is there already some sort of automatic regulation on AWD?

Do you have a headlight level adjustment switch next to your light switch ?

If yes, then you have manual adjustment of headlight level.

If no, then you already have automatic headlight level.

Is this not adaptive suspension levelling rather than headlight levelling?

I don't know enough about Galaxy specs to answer the question though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Is this not adaptive suspension levelling rather than headlight levelling?

Good point Tom. I just assumed that the OP was referring to leveling the headlights when the back end was sitting down. Since we don't know what country they are in their options and specifications are possibly different to the UK.

• Like 1

Thanks for the ideas. No, I do not have "manual light adjustments". The car is in Sweden.

Most likely "adaptive suspension levelling" is a better wording then "level regulation".  Reading the manual again I see that "adaptive suspension levelling" is not an options if you have electric manouvered towbar.

Since I have both AWS and electric towbar but no manual light adjustment I wonder what type/if any " "adaptive suspension levelling" I have.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, i4lean said:

Thanks for the ideas. No, I do not have "manual light adjustments". The car is in Sweden.

Most likely "adaptive suspension levelling" is a better wording then "level regulation".  Reading the manual again I see that "adaptive suspension levelling" is not an options if you have electric manouvered towbar.

Since I have both AWS and electric towbar but no manual light adjustment I wonder what type/if any " "adaptive suspension levelling" I have.

If you have a look at the shock absorbers, you will see a large 'lump' at the bottom of the shock, with an electrical wire and plug if you have any sort of active/adaptive suspension.  

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Tom! I took a look and there or sure is some sort of electrical wire and plug. See picture.

niva.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, i4lean said:

Thanks Tom! I took a look and there or sure is some sort of electrical wire and plug. See picture.

niva.jpg

Yeah, you've definitely got active shock absorbers there.  Unfortunately I don't know how they're controlled on the Galaxy.  I suspect it is automatic on the AWD version without the option to switch it off.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club