Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thermostat for air-con/interior fan?

dom550

Hi all, I’ve got a 2013 Fiesta Titanium with the same interior controls as this. Recently the inside isn't blowing cold unless I turn the heating right down to “LO”. I’m not sure, but I don’t think it’s the air con needing re-gassed because it’s the same with the air con off (just the old-fashioned fan). And it’s not that it can’t blow cold - it blows cold when turned down to “LO” - so I’m thinking the problem is possibly a thermostat that’s gone, and it just can’t tell when the inside of the car is hotter than the set temp. Just wondering if anybody has had this before, or knows if there’s a thermostat for the inside fan/AC and how to replace?

Quick update: I should admit that it has been, erm, some time since the AC was re-gassed, in case anybody thinks that could still be it? Just not sure how that would add up with it being the same with AC off, but you never know!

Edited by dom550

The aircon temp sensor does get dusty. It has a small fan fitted, which is responsible for the annoying buzzing sound when the engine is off. If you look for a guide on this forum about the buzzing noise, or on youtube you will find how to locate the sensor. You have to remove the fascia panel but it's relatively easy to pull out.

Blow the dust away with some compressed air from a spraycan. If it's not making any noise, maybe the fan is even broken?

This is the youtube video I used, not sure if it's the same exactly model

• Like 2

You need a trip to Kwik Fit and get your AC re-gassed. I wouldn't be surprised if you found there was little or no gas left in it.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TimothyMK7 said:

The aircon temp sensor does get dusty. It has a small fan fitted, which is responsible for the annoying buzzing sound when the engine is off. If you look for a guide on this forum about the buzzing noise, or on youtube you will find how to locate the sensor. You have to remove the fascia panel but it's relatively easy to pull out.

Blow the dust away with some compressed air from a spraycan. If it's not making any noise, maybe the fan is even broken?

This is the youtube video I used, not sure if it's the same exactly model

Thanks, good to know about that part! I've got a different radio, but looks like the exact same AC unit. I don't have the buzzing like in the video and never have, with AC on or off. I think I'm going to get a re-gas to start with, just because it's the easy thing to try first and is overdue anyway. Hoping that does it and saves me having to pull the whole thing apart! But if no luck then I think I'll try to swap out that control unit, thanks 🙂

17 minutes ago, unofix said:

You need a trip to Kwik Fit and get your AC re-gassed. I wouldn't be surprised if you found there was little or no gas left in it.

Even though it can still blow cold absolutely fine? 🤔 but yep ,I think I'll go for the re-gas in the first instance. It's due and it would be great if that's all it was 🙂 thanks!

• Like 1

By the way, I didn't have to remove the gearstick or radio, you can just remove the aircon fascia without removing the rest, if you are careful

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club