Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Questions for MK3 powershift owners

Edgar995

I was planning on selling my mk3 2014 powershift and upgrading to a 2018/19 automatic Focus but decided to delay it for now, i do have a few questions though as i mean im selling it anyway but i generally want to know if the powershift is actually this bad, so my car constantly hesitates like if i'm slowing down at a roundabout and see its clear and press the gas the car jerks forward or if im in low gears sometimes it just lunges, when you press the gas there is also a delay before you get it which is probably why the car lunges.

From my experience the powershift (drove 2) :

- Hesitates especially in low gears

- Poor MPG i am lucky to see above 28mpg with constant shifting up to 5th and 6th manually, driving normally i was getting 24-26mpg around town

- Delay in gas causing it to lunge

just not a nice gearbox in my opinion and i have had my car test drove and checked and apparently thats just how they are so even when fully working they're just bad lol, what is the 8 speed auto like compared to the powershift? seen a few threads about the 8 speed being just as bad?

Hope you don't mind me making a suggestion, but this question is really for owners of the 8 speed auto box, isn't it. Maybe you could change the title of the thread (if that's possible)?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Edgar995 said:

what is the 8 speed auto like compared to the powershift? seen a few threads about the 8 speed being just as bad?

Depends on what engine you are going to be connecting to the 8 speed auto.

My 2019 Focus Mk4 diesel 2.0 automatic is excellent and long may it stay like that 🤞

• Like 1

14 hours ago, alanfp said:

Hope you don't mind me making a suggestion, but this question is really for owners of the 8 speed auto box, isn't it. Maybe you could change the title of the thread (if that's possible)?

I mean it was mostly asking about the powershift but i suppose i did ask about the 8 speed too, either way i can't seem to change it now 🤣

14 hours ago, unofix said:

Depends on what engine you are going to be connecting to the 8 speed auto.

My 2019 Focus Mk4 diesel 2.0 automatic is excellent and long may it stay like that 🤞

I'd be getting the 1.5tdi automatic, is it smooth etc? in low gears with the powershift its rough and lunges.

14 minutes ago, Edgar995 said:

I'd be getting the 1.5tdi automatic, is it smooth etc? in low gears with the powershift its rough and lunges.

You'd really need to drive one, pointless asking others opinions as everyone has difference tolerance levels for this sort of thing.  Remember clutched auto's will always be less smooth than slush auto's at slow speed though.

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Remember clutched auto's will always be less smooth than slush auto's at slow speed though.

Absolutely agree, having owned some of each. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club