Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync update

Andyr55

Yesterday I have downloaded and installed the new sync update 2.6 gb.

I have downloaded the confirmation to Ford.

Today the ford web still advises no maps just the same sync update.

any suggestions?

What maps are you on at the moment? The latest ones are F11.

F10

thought it would become available after I downloaded the sync update?

What version of Sync is it showing on your car?

It will only prompt the F11 map update when it thinks you are on 3.4.22110

Yep that’s what I’m on…… 

maybe a delay at ford central updating my records?

Possibly, although mine tends to only take a few minutes.

You could try using running the interogator log again, from the troubleshooting section.

I did the Sync update a couple of days ago (after several false starts as it kept saying USB wrong format - I reformatted several times, I even formatted back to NTFS then back to exFAT, tried a different USB stick, worked first time! The old one seems to work fine under windows and Ubuntu....
Sync is now 3.4 Build 22110, uploaded the XML to Ford, it then offered me maps. Downloaded, wrote to USB, started the update. Screen showed a dialogue that said if I interrupt the upgrade, it goes back to the start.... Did it anyway, did a 25min journey, then return 25mins, still said 'updating'. Wife did a short journey today, came back and said the clock is an hour slow. Took a look, reset the clock, display said 'update complete'... then said 'updating'. Checked current levels and it now says F11 maps (was F10) so I guess it is doing internal housekeeping for the update?

Leaving the USB stick in until it all looks good.....

It takes about 2.5 hours to update maps to F11

Mine took forever to update to F11, updating, not updating, ***** frustrating!

On 8/19/2022 at 4:19 PM, alexp999 said:

Possibly, although mine tends to only take a few minutes.

You could try using running the interogator log again, from the troubleshooting section.

Done twice now. I think I will download the sync 2.6gb update and run again. 

Downloaded and installed again. This time got the confirmation on same usb Download to ford web and was confirmed as update applied.

still no sign of maps 11 . 

any further suggestions?

Did you scroll down to the very bottom of the update page on the Ford site. The F11 update appears at the bottom of the page the next time you put your VIN in

The ford web page keeps offering me the sync 2.6gb update?

1 minute ago, Andyr55 said:

The ford web page keeps offering me the sync 2.6gb update?

Did you upload the Log File back to the Ford site to tell it the install had been completed ?

I’ve got the f11 maps bookmarked on my work pc. I’ll try and post the link tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, Andyr55 said:

Three times………

Andy,

When you go to Settings - general -about sync - what version of Sync does it say you are on?

12 hours ago, alexp999 said:

I’ve got the f11 maps bookmarked on my work pc. I’ll try and post the link tomorrow. 

Great thanks! 

zip or unzipped?

38 minutes ago, Andyr55 said:

now 3.4 Build 22110,

Well, you seem to be on the correct build to install the F11 maps.  So hopefully Alex can provide you with the direct link for the 23Gb map download.

Try a different browser. Sometimes the Sync update page seems to get stuck an keep repeating itself. A different web browser often fixes it.

All updated 3.4 22110 map f11.

still not registering on ford web. Maybe it will correct over wifi? 

46 minutes ago, Andyr55 said:

All updated 3.4 22110 map f11.

still not registering on ford web. Maybe it will correct over wifi? 

It might do.  Im no sure id worry about it though, if all has updated right then youll be fine until the next update, and im sure someone on this forum will provide the link to the next lot of updates.

PS.  Anyone got any tips on how to get through to right Ford Customer services department without the usual - 'your dealer is best placed to answer questions' - when ive found they havent a clue about the Sync system!

3 hours ago, SgtAWilson said:

It might do.  Im no sure id worry about it though, if all has updated right then youll be fine until the next update, and im sure someone on this forum will provide the link to the next lot of updates.

PS.  Anyone got any tips on how to get through to right Ford Customer services department without the usual - 'your dealer is best placed to answer questions' - when ive found they havent a clue about the Sync system!

The last time I had to contact Ford UK I found the easiest way was direct message on twitter, they did tell me last year or maybe in 2020, that their ONLY sync expert had left the company, so don't get your hopes up.

• Confused 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club