Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 Focus AirCon Problem

dave37

had the car two weeks and was working fine then last week  it stopped working took to a garage friend of mine who diagnosed the seal had gone and fixed and re gassed was great air con then Sunday it failed again and just hot air any help appreciated please 

Take it back to your garage friend and ask him to check for more leaks.

• Like 2

or that he did it right in the first place

• Like 1

Another or the same leak. That leak has put the the equivalent of another 786kg of co2 in the atmosphere since last week. Poor polar bears and dolphins. 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, dave37 said:

...took to a garage friend of mine who diagnosed the seal had gone...

You gotta wonder, what seal'? There are multiple ones in a A/C system. If your friend knows about A/C he should fill it with a dye so that when it leaks out you can visually see where it leaks.  

• Like 3

ian he has done the dye thats how he diagnosed the seal leak but after fixing the seal i believe on the compressor i think there was no leaks 

13 minutes ago, dave37 said:

...he has done the dye thats how he diagnosed the seal leak but after fixing the seal i believe on the compressor i think there was no leaks 

Well, if there are definitely no leaks, and it's still full of gas, and it was working for a day, beats me...

• Haha 2

Condenser will probably have a small hole in it. Not the easiest to see even with dye. 

23 minutes ago, iantt said:

Condenser will probably have a small hole in it. Not the easiest to see even with dye. 

If it's been leaking for a while, there should be a tale tell brownish stain on it where the leak is...

2 hours ago, StephenFord said:

If it's been leaking for a while, there should be a tale tell brownish stain on it where the leak is...

Yep

il_340x270.3747070542_80v2.jpg

Just now, iantt said:

Yep

il_340x270.3747070542_80v2.jpg

Now, if that's what you have hooked up to your A/C, you have a serious issue 🤣

• 2 weeks later...

guys thanks for your fun comments but lets be serious i cannot hear the click of the compresser coming on so gonna assume a fuse or another problem 

possibly not a definate click unless you stood over it but definately a change in engine note.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

ok guys sorry for not updating sooner but it turned out it was leaking  compressor so had it replaced under my cars 6 month warranty  but thank you all for your help

• Like 1