Do Not Sell My Personal Information

door mirrors

pek555

3 minutes ago, jsk said:

Not heated either.

are you sure they are not heated. They were heated on the mk8

Pretty sure I read it somewhere and no puddle lights either.

On 8/30/2022 at 3:11 PM, unofix said:

My 17 year old Mk2 Focus LX has heated mirror, and it came with nothing! Cost cutting has a lot to answer for...

1 hour ago, jsk said:

Pretty sure I read it somewhere and no puddle lights either.

Puddle lights and powerfold usually go together on Fords so that make sense.  I wasn't aware they'd dropped the heating though?  

Searched all over the internet but came up blank but I did find this on the price list for both the fiesta and the Puma. On the fiesta it says "Body coloured, electrically operated door mirrors with side indicators" and on the Puma it says "Power-foldable Heated Door Mirrors with Puddle Lamps"

So at some point I might have assumed the heated mirror was not on the new Fiesta. Hope I am wrong.

Sorry for any confusion. Can any of you lucky owners of the new designed Fiesta's let us know one way or the other?

• Like 1

On 8/30/2022 at 3:11 PM, unofix said:

They were. And power foldable with puddle lights on the higher spec versions.

All seem to have disappeared from the price list/ordering guide with the facelift, so it would be good if anyone who has actually got delivery of a F/L could confirm what they have (or more likely, haven't) got.

• Like 1

Yes, I can confirm there's no power-fold, puddle lights or heated mirrors on my new face-lift Fiesta.

They have blamed part shortages but strangely manage to fit them on their other models 🤔

I always found the power-fold mirrors useful as they confirmed I had locked the car, now find myself double checking myself 👈👈 🙄

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, martinf64 said:

I always found the power-fold mirrors useful as they confirmed I had locked the car,

I use to own a 1995 FTO, and there was a kit sold through the owners club to allow the manual fold mirrors to auto fold with locking/unlocking. It was a fabulous indicator of whether you had locked the car or not! (I later had a Supra/Celica/& Mercedes C240 all with manual folding, but could not get any of them wired to do it automatically!)

3 hours ago, jsk said:

Can any of you lucky owners of the new designed Fiesta's let us know one way or the other?

Expect we will find out as soon as the morning frost arrives 👍

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, unofix said:

Expect we will find out as soon as the morning frost arrives 👍

Not necessarily...heated mirrors are on the heated rear screen circuit.  Little chance of those working with limited battery charge after a cold start. :whistling:

• Sad 1

If you really want to know, I will pull the mirror off and check the next one I see. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, iantt said:

I will pull the mirror off

vandal !!

I'm not taking my car to your garage 🤣

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, unofix said:

vandal !!

Me neither LOL My guy swapped the internals out of my door mirror from a donor I bought as the motor broke, however, when he put the mirror back in, and pressed it into position, yes, it cracked! Good job the glass in the donor one was in excellent condition! I'm hoping the 7 year bad luck was his now, and not mine...

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, unofix said:

vandal !!

You know what I mean , I will pull the glass off. Easy enough to do. I just checked a march build car on etis and no mention of heated mirrors in minor features. 

20 minutes ago, unofix said:

vandal !!

I wouldn't take my car there either. 

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, martinf64 said:

They have blamed part shortages but strangely manage to fit them on their other models 

I do wonder why they even bothered to facelift the Fiesta as they seem determined to kill it off as soon as possible and persuade potential buyers to switch to the Puma.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

I do wonder why they even bothered to facelift the Fiesta as they seem determined to kill it off as soon as possible and persuade potential buyers to switch to the Puma.

More profit in a puma. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, iantt said:

More profit in a puma. 

Yeah, they're all at it. Put your supermini bits in a jacked up.body, call it an SUV, and charge more. At least Ford give you a "megabox" 😀

1 hour ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Yeah, they're all at it. Put your supermini bits in a jacked up.body, call it an SUV, and charge more. At least Ford give you a "megabox" 😀

Why would you want a megabox unless your a serial killer . Hole  in the bottom to wash the blood away from any chopped up corpse. Or am I over thinking it.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, iantt said:

Why would you want a megabox unless your a serial killer . Hole  in the bottom to wash the blood away from any chopped up corpse. Or am I over thinking it.

Aahhh, another, 'Criminal Minds' fan LOL

Thanks Martin at least we know for sure now that the facelift version has not got heated wing mirrors.

1 hour ago, iantt said:

Or am I over thinking it.

Quite possibly!😀

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club