Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Didnt see this coming

Jimpster

As you may remember i changed out my cigarette socket for a dual USB one. Well guess what i needed a ciggy socket to run my compressor for a tyre, cost me 20p at Asda. I now have to buy one of these or similar .........

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Car-Lighter-Adapter-Cigarette-Converter/dp/B07FDTF42S

Hi James, I'd very much advise against getting that adapter. The USB socket is only at 5V and 2A max. The little converter has to step up the voltage back to 12V and will provide less than 1 Amp which is nowhere near enough to run a compressor.

Think you should consider fitting a traditional cigarette socket in the boot for your compressor. Or you could buy a clip on socket like this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/144097949877?hash=item218ce838b5:g:K0sAAOSw1H1dgzAr&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAsAJONMUshf6tprXBxDPSYJpVUDFV4685ZyICOvcNO0nj9N5%2B8e809%2Ba3ZgK7YLomVQ3LW4zO3GVVGurwfFgdGrK59N2tqYLMeberbgdQ484MvwJaCfsy8D3ZSTmzb%2BeQiHHeDJC6anwKQ4Qmn%2BHUhOqEpAh1lYMkfZ9UzR4ulB3ooY2XE5WuXPme1RWvvmbRj9q5sLt9i4EQmMrTKCk%2BHD%2B8qccXFcJVbs93XnywzJfs|tkp%3ABk9SR_KXt-7dYA

• Like 1

Cheers for that Uno, will go with the boot idea or back passenger bit of the centre console.

Access to the + battery terminal is a bit tight as it kinda goes under the scuttle panel

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club