Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus mk 2.5 change halogen cornering headlights to xenon

Focus speed

Hi
My Focus mk2.5 has halogen headlights with cornering lights. Is it possible to adapt Xenon lights while keeping the curve function? Is it enough to change the bulbs, change the wiring and add the remaining items such as ballasts, headlight washers, automatic headlight levelers, or do I have to buy specific xenon headlights? Has anyone here made the change?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I've been researching and I've come to the conclusion that the Focus mk2/2.5 does not have the option for cornering headlights with xenon. The headlights can only be halogen with curve function, or xenon but without the curve function. I´m going to study an adaptation, because there are other brands with both functions. It would be the best solution to light the road.

• Sad 1

On 9/1/2022 at 7:16 PM, Focus speed said:

Is it enough to change the bulbs, change the wiring and add the remaining items such as ballasts, headlight washers, automatic headlight levelers

Sounds like a hell of a lot of work to me!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DaveT70 said:

Just upgrade the bulbs

But what if he wants to turn a corner in the dark?? 🤣

• Haha 2

Add ballasts, headlight washers, automatic headlight levelers is not the problem. The main problem is to see if the fuse boxes are  compatibles. Because I think the fuse boxes are not prepared for xenon and cornering lights at the same time. Fuses must have separate positions. Besides, I'll have to see if it's compatible with the Bi-xenon cutoff shield solenoid and at the same time with the cornering function. Those are the real problems. I'll have to study the electrical schematic of the model.

11 hours ago, StephenFord said:

But what if he wants to turn a corner in the dark?? 🤣

🤣

9 hours ago, Focus speed said:

... Those are the real problems...

Not since Citroen mass produced their cornering headlights for the DS in the 50s has anyone created such problems 🤣

• Haha 1

I'm fairly sure the DS headlights were swivelled mechanically by Bowden cables linked to the steering arms. Very simple and reliable and easy to fix if there was a problem. Nowadays it seems manufacturers deliberately build in complexity just because they can.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club