Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Raised boot floor?

Cyclopops

To clarify, I had a golf before this focus and it had two levels to the boot floor, is there something similar?

I suppose every detached vehicle should have a split level boot LOL

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Cyclopops said:

To clarify, I had a golf before this focus and it had two levels to the boot floor, is there something similar?

Not sure that has clarified it.  My Golf doesn't have a mezzanine? :unsure:

What's the purpose of the second level?

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

What's the purpose of the second level?

Gives you somewhere to install the Jacuzzi...

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Gives you somewhere to install the Jacuzzi...

That brings back bad memories of the cold water plunge pool in the spare wheel well of my Mk3!  :whistling: 

• Haha 2

Is there a kit to raise the boot floor? 

Not sure there's a kit, but there was a factory fit option, I had it in my 2019. The purpose was to provide a level load floor. It consisted of brackets at the front & back of the boot and a removable 2nd floor. When not requiring the whole of the boot space , the removable floor could be raised on the brackets and when not required, slid under the brackets ( or removed completely ). I assume the brackets and floor are a standard part but what the numbers are I have no idea and I no longer have the car to check.

• Like 1

OK, I'm bored now! Anyone able to post an image what the hell this thread is all about? I've googled it and can't find anything!

k23K5pu.jpg

ejPjPxe.jpg

0W2X4h8.jpg

F744hLK.jpg

MLQHqPh.jpg

The false boot floor was available on the higher trim levels Focus MK4 Estate versions. As far as I am aware the false boot floor was discontinued to reduce costs. The parts may still be available from Ford but will probably cost a fortune.

There are a few parts available on eBay. For example:

GENUINE FORD FOCUS ESTATE 2018-2021FALSE BOOT FLOOR COMPARTMENT UNDER FLOOR TRIM | eBay

GENUINE FORD FOCUS ESTATE 2018-2021 BOOT FALSE MIDDLE FLOOR LOWER BOOT SHELF | eBay

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Well I've learnt something today 😀 👍

My Focus estate is exactly like those photos. I just assumed that all estates were like that.

What I've just learnt is in the forth photo. I didn't know that there was a proper storage location for the retractable load cover. I quite often leave it behind in the garage when I'm not using it. Now I can put in the storage box 👍

• Like 4

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club