Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rocker cover removal help

Charlieboyoo

Hi everyone,need a bit of help.Bought a 2005 mk2 focus 1.6 zetec and I noticed it was misfiring.Pulled out the leads and I noticed they are covered in oil.Tried to remove the rocker cover to replace the gasket but I’m having trouble with the bracket on right hand corner.How do you remove that?

anyone advise or help?

thanks

• 2 months later...

Any luck with this? I'm having the same issue removing the bracket in the back right

18 minutes ago, 5 Minute Job said:

Any luck with this? I'm having the same issue removing the bracket in the back right

Not a 5 Minute Job ? 😁

• Haha 1

There's a bolt a few inches down the back. It's a pain to get at. Can't advise on an easy solution, it was a big struggle both times I've done it. Removing the ignition coil is one possible thing that may help accessing it that I've not tried before.

There is a long stud there which goes through the rocker cover and into the cylinder head. It's too long really to let you get the rocker cover off as you and I have found out.

My bodge was to get the junior hacksaw out and cut off all the unnecessary thread flush with the top of the nut. Careful not to cut through the plastic of the cover.

Now, once you have everything unfastened, the bracket can be forced up and bent back.

I found that the cover was much easier to release from the head when the engine was fully warm. Mine seemed welded on when every thing was stone cold.

ScaniaPBman.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club