Do Not Sell My Personal Information

center caps

mrmetallica

i bought some focus st wheels and they came with center caps in black but they are a bit loose so dont want to loose them.

ive got some blue ones that fit realy tight where i cant find any black ones looked on eBay any ideas ? also how do you measure them for size to make sure they will fit

ive put pictures of them side by side

cap4.jpg

cap3.jpg

12 hours ago, YOG said:

neither fit according to there check list . i want them for a focus st wheels. i can find them not that they fit but id like to know why do blue ones fit tighter than the black ? i measured them not a lot in it ?

19 minutes ago, mrmetallica said:

neither fit according to there check list . i want them for a focus st wheels. i can find them not that they fit but id like to know why do blue ones fit tighter than the black ? i measured them not a lot in it ?

Well, they fit my 2016 19" ST wheels. Perhaps you should post a picture of your wheels, so that people know which wheels you are talking about?

I've spent the last couple of hours trying to work out what 'ctr' is...  Maybe an aftermarket brand?  Maybe Civic Type R style?  Probably not this...

Crash Team Racing - Wikipedia

Just realised it's short for 'centre'...youngsters and their text speak!! :laugh: 

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, mrmetallica said:

id like to know why do blue ones fit tighter than the black ? i measured them not a lot in it ?

You can see the difference in quality on the backing.  I don't think either are the wrong size, just poorly made.

2 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

.. I don't think either are the wrong size, just poorly made.

If that is the case, I would use a hair dryer on the tabs of the loose one, and gently bend them outwards so that they grip the center, sorry, ctr, better!

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, mrmetallica said:

i bought some focus st wheels and they came with ctr caps in black but they are a bit loose so dont want to loose them.

ive got some blue ones that fit realy tight where i cant find any black ones looked on ebay any ideas ? also how do you measure them for size to make sure they will fit

ive put pictures of them side by side

cap4.jpg

cap3.jpg

You need to put some tape or something around the plastic lugs at the back to thicken them up. I had red ones on mine that rattled in the wind as they were so loose. So as a quick easy bodge, sorry I mean fix, I wrapped masking tape around them. They fit snug, never rattled and never fell out.

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I've spent the last couple of hours trying to work out what 'ctr' is...  Maybe an aftermarket brand?  Maybe Civic Type R style?  Probably not this...

Crash Team Racing - Wikipedia

Just realised it's short for 'centre'...youngsters and their text speak!! :laugh: 

are you having a laugh im 66 lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, YOG said:

Well, they fit my 2016 19" ST wheels. Perhaps you should post a picture of your wheels, so that people know which wheels you are talking about?

the wheels

wheel.jpg

1 hour ago, Boulton said:

You need to put some tape or something around the plastic lugs at the back to thicken them up....

Would still just bend the tabs back, will have same effect...

• Like 1

The centre caps on my Oz wheels can be a bit loose fitting so I’ve got small sections of duct tape on the locating tabs and works just fine.

The centre caps in the original photo with the rounded tabs look like generic aftermarket copies rather than Ford oem parts?

2 hours ago, StephenFord said:

Would still just bend the tabs back, will have same effect...

was thinking that ill give it a go

32 minutes ago, troy45 said:

The centre caps on my Oz wheels can be a bit loose fitting so I’ve got small sections of duct tape on the locating tabs and works just fine.

The centre caps in the original photo with the rounded tabs look like generic aftermarket copies rather than Ford oem parts?

to be honest the black ones came with the wheels they had tape around the lugs but it just bugs me so thought id try get some that fit properly

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club