Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Diesel Filter Overload… in a petrol car??

CJSKINZ

Hi guys 

first post and know sweet FA about mechanics 😂 so be gentle 

I have a 2010 Ford Mondeo Estate Titanium X Powershift (Auto) 

its done 70k and I have had a message come up saying Diesel Filter Overloaded even though it’s a petrol car?? 

any help would be much appreciated! 

Lol, that's an unusual fault!  Are you sure it's a petrol? :laugh: 

I take it this was an actual message on the dash screen rather than from a code reader?  Sounds like a software issue that would probably need to go to Ford to have a PCM update to rectify.

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Lol, that's an unusual fault!  Are you sure it's a petrol? :laugh: 

I take it this was an actual message on the dash screen rather than from a code reader?  Sounds like a software issue that would probably need to go to Ford to have a PCM update to rectify.

Hi Tom

Thanks for replying! 

If there is one thing I can be certain on it's that it is a petrol car. Well, I've been putting petrol in it for the 3 months I've owned it at least. 

Yeah was a message on the dash. Have had Ford plug it in and the following codes are:

P007B Charge Air Cooler Temperature Sensor Circuit Range/Performance

P0234 Signal Amplitude Greater Than Maximum 

P1571 Brake Switch

Any thoughts on the above? 

Thanks again for replying

• Like 1

No worries.  As it's already been plugged in at Ford, what was their suggested solution?

Those codes may just have been random glitches at some point in the past, not necessarily anything to do with the dash message unless they're time & date stamped. 

I'd only replace the brake switch if there's an obvious fault from it.  No brake lights or no cruise control would be the usual symptoms. 

The other two codes both relate to turbo boost.  (Firstly, which size engine do you have?  Better check it actually has a turbo lol!)  I wouldn't be too bothered by the intercooler temp sensor code, but the other code is for turbo overboost which is a bit more of a concern, and that is likely to flag up a fault on the dash.  I'd say that's the one that requires further investigation.  Hopefully it's just a simple wastegate fault.

Ford are going to get their Master Tech to look at it. 

Brake switch seems to be fine then as all the above work.

I've got a 2.0l petrol and it does have an ecoboost. Will get them to look at the Turbo and see what happens... not looking forward to it!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club