Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Cluster Lights different

Marathonmorris

Hi, apologies if I am posting in the wrong place but I was after some advice. 

we have a Ford Focus Titanium a 2015 plate. Is it correct that the rear clusters are different on passenger to driver side? The drivers side does not have an extra bulb for the bottom strip of the cluster but the rear light and brake light works. The passenger side is the opposite whereby it has the extra bulb for the bottom strip of the cluster which lights up but the main part only comes on as a brake light it doesn't function as a rear light?? Any advice on if this is correct?

Hello Sarah, as Dave has said some photos would help.

Are you in the UK  ? (I know it says West Midlands in your profile, but that means nothing these days)

Is the car RHD ?

On the Focus Mk3 and Mk3.5 the rear light clusters are the same on both sides, but different trim levels and different years do have a variety of light clusters.

Hi both,

Yes in the UK and the car is RHD. These are the best pics I have got. 

The passenger side has the strip underneath illuminated (as you can see in this pic it looks orange) this is the only light that comes on when the main lights are on. The main bulk of the cluster on this side only illuminates when the brakes are pressed it doesn't light up unless you apply the brake.

The driver side is the opposite the bottom strip underneath never illuminates and there is no where for a bulb to go in this cluster as we have checked. the driver side bulk of the cluster illuminates as a standard light and when brakes are pressed.

passenger side.jpg

drivers side.jpg

The passenger side light just needs a replacement bulb. They are a dual element lamp 21W/5W stop & tail.

The driver side light needs removed to check fully but the strip at the bottom is possibly an LED which may have failed.

• Like 1

thank you, with regards to the passenger side the bulb in there works but it only works as a brake light. Is this because we have an incorrect bulb in there? Sorry for all the questions 

Most likely it's just that the 5 Watt tail light element in the bulb has failed.

For a test just swap the bulb from the drivers side to the passenger side, and vice versa.

• Like 1

There are 2 different rear lights installed to this car !

The passenger side rear light is the high level rear light with LED for the taillights and bulbs for the other lights.

The driver side rear light is the low level rear light with bulbs for all lights.

I suspect that one of the lights has been changed in the past.

• Like 3

Yes, as above.

The LH light is LED side light, the RH light is not.

The vehicle has had a bump and the wrong light has been fitted

I'm curious, has the incorrect light been an 'upgrade' from original, or a 'downgrade' from original?

Downgrade.  Titanium came with LED rears as standard.  Poverty rears are much cheaper and easier to find.

We've had a few like this on here over the years...or perhaps it's the same car going through multiple owners lol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club