Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Issues at high revs

gibbo1471

Car brings up orange service now when doing high revs mainly in third gear today in fourth it was like a petrol car with a spark plugs out best way to explain it found the highlighted clip was loose surely that wouldn't cause this 2015 1.5tdci 

Screenshot_2022-10-14-15-32-52-03_1c4cade50911c4021d022fd7fc21ca47.jpg

IMG_20221014_152527.jpg

I'm not familiar with the 1.5TDCi but from your photo the loose clip looks to be downstream from the MAF sensor so an air leak there could cause your DTC.

• Like 1

You must have the most unreliable 1.5 TDCi on here. :sad:

I agree that a leak there could cause the MAF faults.  However MAF tends to be disregarded at very high rpm.

I suspect the tank lift pump just isn't producing enough pressure for high speed.  Though it is odd there's no fuel pressure code.

It mainly did it in 4th gear at lower revs when accelerating if that makes sense it did not do that before I am always unlucky with cars also that maf sensor code was not present on forscan thoe 🙄 is there anything to look for using forscan pressure of fuel etc on a positive note it has started every time and that orange fault appears as well ages ago after first bought it but did not think ote of it as it goes when turned engine off and back on thanks guys 

We'll be optimistic and just hope it was the loose clip for now then lol.  Best thing to do is tighten it up and take for a test run, see if the problem is still the same.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

We'll be optimistic and just hope it was the loose clip for now then lol.  Best thing to do is tighten it up and take for a test run, see if the problem is still the same.

Screenshot_2022-10-15-15-20-28-80_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg

It still brings up intake air leak error code but only in third gear doing around 3.5k revs I'm really giving up on this car now 😔 I am going to get some brake cleaner and spray around the hoses and listen for any engine rpm changes that's my next job also what could I use to clean the maf sensor 

2 hours ago, gibbo1471 said:

what could I use to clean the maf sensor 

Replace it with a good quality one. I would recommend using the Ford OEM part if you can afford it.

Cleaning of the MAF sensor is always a bit hit and miss, somtimes it works and most of the time it doesn't, so it would make it very hard to rule it out as the cause of your problems if you clean it.

But that code don't come up now untill third gear high revs but only brings air intake leak error not maf

Also do you know what hoses are common on splitting on the 1.5tdci 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club