Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.8 tdci engine cover

A Sampson

My last Fords were 105E's in the '60's/'70's, & this is my first car with an engine cover.  Are they functional, or just cosmetic?  Do they clip on/off, or secured with nuts/bolts/screws?  Thinking in terms of access.  TIA.

Mainly cosmetic, keeps a bit of rain off electricals, but as cost cutting, Ford often don't bother fitting them to many models now...

• Like 3

Fixtures differ between engines.  The Mk2 Focus 1.6 TDCI cover is held on with nuts...making it difficult to remove in an emergency.  Most are just push fit though, the 1.8 TDCI is.

They do help reduce engine & injector noise on diesels, so I'd recommend keeping it if you already have one, but it's probably not worth buying one if you don't.

• Like 2

On my brothers 2009 1.8tdci focus it made a noticeable difference in reducing engine noise, I was surprised how much.  The 1.8tdci is an old unsophisticated engine and needs all the noise reduction it can get.   Love the torque they give and no dpf to give hassle. 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club