Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Mondeo engine noise after a crash

Trax

Hi. Hope someone can share some advice?

My Mondeo has had a crash with the car in front. Front standstill, the bumper has been battered and bruised and I’ve lost use of one indicator. The car drove back home approx 5 miles fine as it looked mostly cosmetic. The bumper got pushed back slightly 1 inch but popped back out with no leaks.

Once home, I have discovers a engine noise and have no idea what I is? It’s a ticking noise which get louder when I press the accelerator. Any of you guys have any ideas?

Issue is the insurance company is taking ages to book it in for repair and I’m hiring a car at £500 per week. It’s been 2 weeks now and they can’t offer me a car until mine is picked up as there’s also apparently a shortage. I need to see if there’s a quick fix for my Mondeo to get it back on the road.

I have a video but no idea how to post it as it’s over 2mb. 

It’s a big long shot but any suggestions or help would be appreciated. I’m just stuck in no man’s land now and Ford want to charge £120 an hour next week just to look at it. Insurance is just taking too long.

16B949AF-A861-4968-A456-54BD620F44C2.jpeg

68244258-67AF-443F-9E3A-717608E6343F.jpeg

Videos can't be directly posted on here.  If you upload it to Youtube you can then link it across.  I don't think anyone can guess what the noise might be without a video or pictures under the bonnet.

Considering how minimal the damage appears to be, it may just be the cooling fan catching something.

Active radiator grille, maybe. Have a look behind the bottom part of the bumper. There are some slats there that are controlled by a motor that open and close to let air pass over the radiator. They're fairly fragile so could be easily damaged in a front end crash. That might cause a noise if the motor tries to open or close the slats but it can't. 

• Like 1

Maybe worth checking the various accessory drive belts too in case something has shifted back and is catching on them?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club