Do Not Sell My Personal Information

08 Smax Really Annoying Drone From Fans

Firgman

Hello all

I have an 08 S-Max 38k that has been great and trouble free until two weeks back. All of a sudden I have a really annoying drone coming from the fans - seems to be inside the middle of the dashboard. The sound stops completely when the fans are turned off completely and although not very loud it is annoying enough to be causing me headaches on longer journeys. To have the air-con or fans on I need to manually adjust the fan speed to middle speed or below so that it quiet enough to not be a pain. I have had similar before on older cars when a piece of 'crud'/'fluff'/hair isn't filtered out and gets caught in the fans which I would get rid of by turning the fans to max then off, etc. to dislodge it. Is there anyway to remove the fan/blower covers (that alter the direction of airflow) to see if anything is afoot? Or could the main fan be on its way out?

cheers all,

Firgman

Sounds like the fan clutch or bearing is on it's way out. Not the end of the world, but a pain to change in some cases!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club