Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus MK 4.5 2022 - FORScan modifications

IL Dotore
聽Share

Hi all!

I have some questions related to changes that can be done on the new MK4.5 with FORScan. Let's start with simple, common and basic one 馃檪

In the latest version of FORScan with full license in the BdyCM module the setting named "Automatic doors lock" has been removed.

This is definitely present in the MK 3.5.

Does anyone know how could you activate the automatic doors locking when going over 10/15 Km/h?

Hi

I've done this on my Focus ST 4.5. Go into BdyCM and search for Auto. You should then see 'Auto Door Lock'. This will need to turned on in two places within that list. (I would just search for Auto within BdyCM in case the wording is slightly different)

Cheers

Luke

• Like 1

The word door was nowhere to be found.

But there are about 5 or 6 "Auto Lock"(and with number at the end). I tried to enable the first but to no avail.

I will have to take some pictures.

So, on MK 4.5 with Forscan V2.3.49 first shock there is no more "Engineering mode".

Once you connect to a module you only have Edit and Write buttons.

In the BdyCM module there is no mention of the work door (you have a search box).

What I tried to change was Auto Lock - Initial value - didn't work

What eventually worked is "Auto Lock - Vehicle". This locks the doors once you go over 15Km/h.

20221129_112644.jpg

Now what is not clear to me is relate to Software Engine sound enhancement / Engine sound enhancement.

You can disable the hardware one separately or both.

What you can't do is just disable the software one and leave the hardware one enabled (it gives programing error).

But anyway, I haven't heard once the pops and bangs from the tailpipes with them both enabled and in Sport mode...

So is this working only when the engine is really hot?

Or maybe it's not present if you don't get the Performance pack?

Pops and bangs only really happen on Manual ST models. Its one of many reasons I opted for a manual over an Auto.

Glad you got it working though.聽

1 hour ago, LukeJQuinn said:

Pops and bangs only really happen on Manual ST models.

Also very common on the standard 1.0 Ecoboost engine, normally ends with a boom 馃ぃ

• Haha 1

Has anyone used Forscan to program new rim size?

I will sell the 19" ST rims and get 18" 235/40 R18.

This has a real circumference that is a bit smaller. This will translate in real speed being lower than what is shown on the dash.

Many say to edit the "Tire circumference" in mm. But that is not real number, it's something like X*0.96... on older models

On mine on the MK 4.5 it's even weirder, it says "46485" which is obviously not in mm 馃槓

On US models Forscan read a setting called "Tire size" that聽has a beautiful drop down with real values to choose from. But mine does not have this.

So how can we program the 18" rim on a ST MK 4.5?

• 1 year later...
On 11/29/2022 at 10:58 AM, IL Dotore said:

Now what is not clear to me is relate to Software Engine sound enhancement / Engine sound enhancement.

You can disable the hardware one separately or both.

What you can't do is just disable the software one and leave the hardware one enabled (it gives programing error).

But anyway, I haven't heard once the pops and bangs from the tailpipes with them both enabled and in Sport mode...

So is this working only when the engine is really hot?

Or maybe it's not present if you don't get the Performance pack?

Hi there Sebastian,

I know this is an old thread but I am wondering if you managed to sort this out? I am at the cusp of ordering a manual ST, but I dont think I would like this popping and banging feature so I started to look whether it is possible to switch it on and off. I know the fake sound exhaust can be switched off and I suppose software ESE refers to that...so this got me thinking, maybe the 'simple' (i.e non-software) ESE refers to the pops and bangs?

For sure this is a mapping feature so it should be possible to manipulate it/disable it in some software, question is FORscan is suitable for that or not.聽 In any case, I am just curious as to what the non-software ESE is about.

By the way, what was the outcome of your clutch issues you mentioned in another thread? Did it get resolved eventually somehow?聽

The only thing you can turn off, with FORScan, is the audio fake engine sound enhancement (which I believe was Diesel ST)

Pops and bangs are in the MAP, which would need mapping out

5 hours ago, DaveT70 said:

The only thing you can turn off, with FORScan, is the audio fake engine sound enhancement (which I believe was Diesel ST)

Pops and bangs are in the MAP, which would need mapping out

hi Dave,聽

Thanks for the response. Yeah this was my gues ***** well, but i am really no expert here so I though it is worth to ask. Still, I wonder what is the difference between 'software engine sound enhancement' VS 'engine sound enhancement'? I have seen a german video about this recently, how to turn it off. Guy used the 'software' option to turn off the fake engine sound, which kind of makes sense. So then you have to wonder what the other option does in the first place?

You can see this from here.

• 3 weeks later...

For me the setting that I was able to apply actually has proven to be exactly what I was searching for.

So just turn off both聽Software Engine sound enhancement / Engine sound enhancement and you will get, depending on mode:

- Slippery/Normal: No fake sound from the Speakers and no hardware pops or bangs.

- Sport:聽No fake sound from the Speakers but, you DO get the normal pops and bangs once the engine is really hot and you go over 5500rpm.

Just perfect for me.

On 3/25/2024 at 12:01 PM, IL Dotore said:

For me the setting that I was able to apply actually has proven to be exactly what I was searching for.

So just turn off both聽Software Engine sound enhancement / Engine sound enhancement and you will get, depending on mode:

- Slippery/Normal: No fake sound from the speakers and no hardware pops or bangs.

- Sport:聽No fake sound from the speakers but, you DO get the normal pops and bangs once the engine is really hot and you go over 5500rpm.

Just perfect for me.

Perfect, thanks for looking back to this topic and answering my question 馃檪聽Appreciated!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club