Do Not Sell My Personal Information

sync reset

old scot

Hi looking for some help please. Have just bought a 2014 Focus titanium and finally figured out working of everything except for SYNC. I can get to master reset but no not have option to select this. the option has what looks like 2 interlocked squares or pages. I have tried with both sets of keys present as it is stop start ignition.  Have also tried soft reset but no luck/ Any ideas appreciated.

Am unable to remove phone settings and navsat settings as options to do this are greyed out. Does it have to be negative earth?  Sorry for sounding dim but in my late 70's and modern cars have me stumped 

It is always normal practice to remove the negative lead from the terminal for safety reasons. The whole of the vehicle body, chassis and engine, as you will know are connected to the battery negative. If you were to remove the positive battery lead there is always the possibility that an accidental short-circuit could occur between a spanner touching the battery positive and a metal part of the vehicle at the same time. Hence the reason to remove the negative lead first.

Disconnecting the battery will cause all modules on the vehicle to power down. Upon reconnecting the battery after waiting 30 mins will cause all modules to 'reboot' this will in most cases allow normal operation of systems which have become, unresponsive. In the case of your Sync system it should allow normal operation, even if you then have to do a master reset, (which should then be possible).

Have now tried this, however while everything else is working fine I'm still unable to clear previous phone and sat nav settings. options to do this are there but confirm options are greyed out

2 hours ago, old scot said:

options to do this are there but confirm options are greyed out

That's quite a concern that the option is still greyed out. I think this is going to require a visit to the dealer and possibly even a replacement APIM.

If it's not long since you bought this I'd be taking it back to the garage and asking them to sort it out.

I had this at work once and it turned out the vehicle had MY KEY switched on and the main key never came with the second hand car, it had to go to ford to remove and factory reset MY KEY as the master key was the only one allowed to do these tasks.

I know on my ford im able to go through the menus on the dash to see how many keys are known to the vehicle, maybe someone on here can tell you if yours has that option