Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Eco boost oil

aot871

Does any one know where to obtain  genuine  5w20 oil for my 1ltr eco boost engine . I used to get it on line from Amazon  , but now showing out of stock

Arnold Clark online store. 

Free delivery, takes 3 days. 

I've started buying mine from Vospers Parts online (South West England main dealer network). Comes by post in a couple of days usually. Previously I'd buy it from AE Motorsports eBay shop but they suddenly appear expensive these days.

I ordered some front door scuff plates for my Fiesta from Vospers 48 hr delivery. Five days later from dispatch  I am still waiting. I suppose they could have sent them Royal Mail who have been on strike. See what happens next week.

11 minutes ago, jsk said:

I ordered some front door scuff plates for my Fiesta from Vospers 48 hr delivery. Five days later from dispatch  I am still waiting. I suppose they could have sent them Royal Mail who have been on strike. See what happens next week.

Oh dear ! I've not had any problems with them. I do live about 20 miles from where they ship their parcels so maybe that's why they've always been quick for me. Both my recent deliveries did come by Royal Mail including some Ecoboost oil two weeks ago.

Royal Mail strikes and early Xmas posters are probably to blame.  Took 3 days for them to deliver a 'guaranteed next day special' to me this week, so I can't imagine much normal post was delivered. 

• Thanks 1

Royal Mail guaranteed next day delivery is not guaranteed.  A more accurate description of the contract is- we will make an effort to deliver it next Day but if we dont, we will refund the delivery charge.  I bet most people don’t pursue Royal Mail for the refund though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, isetta said:

Royal Mail guaranteed next day delivery is not guaranteed.  A more accurate description of the contract is- we will make an effort to deliver it next Day but if we dont, we will refund the delivery charge.  I bet most people don’t pursue Royal Mail for the refund though.

Indeed.  I wish eBay sellers wouldn't use it as the only option.  To this day I've never lost a standard parcel at this property, yet the majority of the 'guaranteed special delivery' ones get returned to the depot as I can't answer the door in time.  :rolleyes:  I try to actively avoid any seller using that service now, but for small, semi-valuable items it's hard to avoid.

I also can't work out whether the refund still applies during strike action?  It seems that the seller (sender) would have to make the claim, so it's not really worth the hassle for the recipient.

On 12/3/2022 at 3:58 PM, jsk said:

Any chance you could post a photo of the scuff plates when you get them?

I’ve not seen official Ford items for the MK8 on eBay so if you have a good experience it would be great if you could share a link too. 

The oil seems to be getting rarer for some reason. I can find the 5w 30 stuff everywhere but ive only seen the ford 5w20e on arnold clarke

On 12/3/2022 at 11:26 AM, aot871 said:

Does any one know where to obtain  genuine  5w20 oil for my 1ltr eco boost engine . I used to get it on line from Amazon  , but now showing out of stock

What’s this ‘genuine’ 5w-20 oil? It does NOT matter what brand you use as long as it MEETS or EXCEEDS Ford specs for oil in this vehicle.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, country roads said:

The oil seems to be getting rarer for some reason. I can find the 5w 30 stuff everywhere but ive only seen the ford 5w20e on arnold clarke

I have just d been on eBay,did a search on 5w-20e,plenty of the stuff available.(UK sourced).What I would like to know, why the ‘E’, what is wrong with good old 5W-20?

The E seems to be for 'EcoBoost'.  I'd assume there have been some some tweaks to the detergents to reduce wetbelt degradation and possibly a reduction in ash residue now that everything's fitted with a GPF.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Hackney said:

I have just d been on EBay,did a search on 5w-20e,plenty of the stuff available.(UK sourced).What I would like to know, why the ‘E’, what is wrong with good old 5W-20?

Yeah I didnt know what E meant either its just the stuff I found when I searched for the 1.0 ecoboost oil. As toms said probobly means ecoboost. I just go with the ford Castrol stuff just to keep my paranoid brain quiet lol. Isnt it possible that version has stuff to help preserve the belt or something

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, country roads said:

I didnt know what E meant either

E = Expensive ! 🤣

4 hours ago, country roads said:

Yeah I didnt know what E meant either its just the stuff I found when I searched for the 1.0 ecoboost oil. As toms said probobly means ecoboost. I just go with the ford castrol stuff just to keep my paranoid brain quiet lol. Isnt it possible that version has stuff to help preserve the belt or something

Doesn’t matter what brand you use, as long it meets or exceeds Fords specs.I use a brand called ‘Penrite’(Australian company) has been around for donkey years.Very good oil.

That's the wrong stuff for your car !!

This is what you need ....

Milk Float.JPG

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, unofix said:

This what you need ....

Milk Float.JPG

No, this is what I need , used 3 to get to work already. 

Screenshot_20221205-193315.png

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, unofix said:

This what you need ....

Milk Float.JPG

‘Milk it’ for all its worth!🤣🤣

• Haha 1

Just went on the Clark Webb site ,, It's now priced at £51-06

8 hours ago, aot871 said:

Just went on the Clark Webb site ,, It's now priced at £51-06

Typical, price of desirable gifts always increases in December! :biggrin: 

• Haha 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club