Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus MK 3 2012 Bluetooth no access

Emzzy

Hi Everyone,

I recently purchased a 2012 Focus Titanium X and I am trying to connect my iPhone, howvee i cannot access any menu that allow pairing.

When I select phone on the sony Radio nothing happens i can access the cd player and radio no problem, when I select menu there is a sync option and sync app option neither which allow me to enter when selected.

Any ideas from anyone any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

FBAFA922-3049-4B0A-A2C1-430B6C19331A.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Hi unofix,  thanks for you replies, as i brought the car used i cannot confirm that it came with the bluetooth option, is there any other  way to find out?

I have had a look at the video I do the same push the phone button after activating bluetooth on my phone however I dont get a response after pressing phone button. The car doesn't show up either on my phone .

I remember a site where you could enter your vin number and would say what options car had but cant seem to find it.

Cheers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Emzzy said:

I remember a site where you could enter your vin number and would say what options car had but cant seem to find it.

The site was Ford ETIS which showed the build state of the car. Sadly this year Ford have started closing down ETIS and it only shows some information for some cars. You could give it a try and you might be lucky 😀

https://www.etis.ford.com/

Just gave it a try said the same thing you explained.

ED532820-E781-4FD4-9B93-FC4CCF428BC3.jpeg

• Sad 1

If you remove the whole glovebox and then look under the dashboard you will be able to see the USB/Bluetooth module (if fitted).

If the unit is compatible with bluetooth it will say so on the label. You can get used replacements on eBay for around £20.

• Thanks 1

Cheers pal will have a look during the day appreciate your help.

good night,

MK3 Sony audio systems do have bluetooth as standard.

On a Focus MK3 the Bluetooth/ Voicecontrol or SYNC module (depending on production date) is located behind the heater control panel. The audio system and heater control panel needs to be removed to gain access to the bluetooth/ Voicecontrol or SYNC module.

• Like 3

JW1982 Thank you will give both a try on the weekend.

Appreciate it.

Hi after a very long removal of all the trims and radio I managed to find the bluetooth module at the back of the climate control panel, I took it out and unplugged the two cables which were plugged in. Tried the phone button again on the stereo still same got nothing.

9199F335-B8CF-4467-A790-3CFAC00B7B15.thumb.jpeg.37f7347e7db929ab0f9c0450e897a40c.jpeg

• Like 1

Well done for finding it. So it looks like you have the Sync module. Check eBay and see if you can find a cheap replacement unit. 

• Like 1

That's a SYNC 1.0 module. These can be found quite cheap. However you should be aware that these modules contain a language pack that can only be changed by a Ford dealer. Make sure you buy one from a UK vehicle.

It is also possible to install a SYNC 1.1 module (part number starts with D1BT or E1BT). These however requires configuration of the module.  SYNC 1.1 modules are multilanguage and support all available languages.

• Like 1

Thank you all for the help, I will have a look on eBay and see if I can find a replacement and hopefully closes the issue. Will update post once I receive replacement.

Thanks again

Hello again,

I ordered a replacement module off eBay and fitted it this evening and glad to say everything is now working have all bluetooth access now, thank you all for your help.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1