Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Camshaft slow response

yafim

Recently I bought 2013 galaxy 2.0 L Ecoboost and my wallet bleeding money in the process of getting it fixed

Latest issue I have engine stutter intermittently when accelerating

No check engine light but 2 errors p000a, p000b

Camshaft position slow response on both sensors 

I know that the engine has been rebuilt but don't know when, also it had lots of silicone instead of gaskets 

How to approach this issue? where to start?

And My mechanic hates this car😅 

And the love that he express twords the previous mechanic and owner is amazing 

As soon as I can, unfortunately my other option was ford s-max and the price is too much, and mechaniclly state of other car same or worse, and price higher, other brand too small or cost way too much, for next 3-4 years I need this piece of s*** 

I'm only with this because luck of options 

Would two new sensors fix the faults?  I don't think they are expensive....

Getting rid of it is actually not a bad advice. Silicone instead of gaskets is a real bodge job and should be well enough reason to walk away on such a car. A rebuilt that is performed this way will seriously affect the value of the car. 

Especially since rebuilding these engines is extremely difficult. Ford considers the bottom end to be unserviceable. Internal parts and service information are not available from Ford. Very few aftermarket parts are available and also quite expensive. Prices usually start at around €8.000,- for a decently performed rebuilt using standard parts.

First the actual amount of oil pressure should be checked. Do not be surprised if pieces of silicone are clogging the oil passages inside the engine block.

If the oil pressure is within specifications the TI-CVT actuators are the main suspects. Not cheap to replace since also the cambelt needs to be removed and replaced (Ford prescribes that the cambelt can not be reused).

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club