Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A/c Or Not ?

Smurf101

This may seem a trivial question but how do i know if i have air conditioning fitted in my Fusion 3 ?

I have a button on the dash marked "AC" but pressing it only lights it up with no noticeable reduction in air temp from the vents,even with the temp dial all the way over to blue and the fan speed on any setting.There is also a button with a picture of a car on it and a circular arrow,i assume this is for recirculating the air in the car,which is not what i'm trying to acheive.Anyone know of a way to know for sure if AC is fitted ?

Thanks in advance.

P.S I bought the car second hand and it did not have the owners handbook with it and i have no other manuals in order to check.

Sounds like you do have air conditioning fitted. But it is not working, what should happen when you push the AC button is there should be click from the compressor and the air from the vents should start to cool.

Probably just needs recharging, the AC compressor will not start if the system is low on gas.

Yep you have A/c....or Climate control, as they seem to like to call it on the Fusion. It will only work with the fan at 1 or above and the A/C button on (light showing)...if you are not getting cool air through...you have either a compressor problem or are low on gas. simple as that.

This may seem a trivial question but how do i know if i have air conditioning fitted in my Fusion 3 ?

I have a button on the dash marked "AC" but pressing it only lights it up with no noticeable reduction in air temp from the vents,even with the temp dial all the way over to blue and the fan speed on any setting.There is also a button with a picture of a car on it and a circular arrow,i assume this is for recirculating the air in the car,which is not what i'm trying to acheive.Anyone know of a way to know for sure if AC is fitted ?

Thanks in advance.

P.S I bought the car second hand and it did not have the owners handbook with it and i have no other manuals in order to check.

I helped my sister buy a 06 Fusion and then I bought an 06 Fusion for myself. My sister's A/C did not work at all and mine tok 20 minutes to get even coolish. In both cases a re-gas restored the A/C to full working condition. My car was checked for gas leaks..none were found. I wonder if its a general problem with this model especially a few years old. By the way... re-gas varies from £39 - £49. J.

Thanks for the replies guys,i guess my next port of call is a garage to,possibly,have it re-gassed.

As i could see no obvious compressor pulley i began to think the AC may have been removed to save expense by the previous owner,i did find a rather bulbous cannister type of thing in the right hand wheel well though,never seen one before,perhaps it's part of the AC ?

I will find out soon when i take it in .

Thanks again.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies guys.

A quick trip to a local garage and £47 sorted it out.

I now have ice cold air conditioning.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club