Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta 2009 Mk 7 wing mirror won't tilt to show car side

DarrenNewsgroup

My daughter has a Ford Fiesta 2009 1.6 TDci Titanium with electric folding wing mirrors with indicators on the mirrors. When I was driving it I tried to adjust the passenger mirror so that I can just see some of the side of the car for reference. When I adjusted the mirror to be closest to the car I could still not see the car side. My other daughter's Ford Fiesta can see the side of the car in the mirror.

I am thinking the position of the wing mirror glass (not the housing) has been moved slightly with respect to the motor and needs readjusting by some physical means.

Does anyone know the correct procedure to fix this?

Thanks

Darren

Flick the mirror switch to the left to adjust the LH (DOOR) mirror, then adjust

If it's not moving then there's a problem with the motor or the mirror glass has become detached from the motor

• Like 1

18 hours ago, unofix said:

@isetta I think you need to explain about WING mirrors again 🤣 🤣

Here we are:

9DB1261E-4487-422B-B46B-0542E21969A9.png

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, isetta said:

Here we are:

9DB1261E-4487-422B-B46B-0542E21969A9.png

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soapbox

And soapboxes haven't been made from soap boxes for years either 🤣😋.

Good one though. I had wondered what unofix was talking about in his post above. Obviously a running joke between the 2 of you. 😍

• Like 1

19 hours ago, DarrenNewsgroup said:

I am thinking the position of the wing mirror glass (not the housing) has been moved slightly with respect to the motor and needs readjusting by some physical means.

I'm not sure if you have checked the mirror housing or not, as you give it a special mention in your post, but if someone has walked past it and hit it slightly that would certainly cause the issue you describe. Easy just to manually thump it back into the correct position!

• Thanks 1

I have figured the problem out with the wing mirror; I don't have one 🤣

I think I have figured the problem out with the DOOR mirror; see below.

I went and manhandled the mirror glass on the door mirror and noticed that the whole mirror assembly wicked up and down. It was not firmly attached to the door. I think someone has knocked the door mirror beforehand and the assembly is now angled away from the car (flapping about a bit). When I pushed it towards the car I could see the car edge in the mirror.

The fix should be to tighten up the mirror assembly to the door.

Thanks

Darren

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

I'm not sure if you have checked the mirror housing or not, as you give it a special mention in your post, but if someone has walked past it and hit it slightly that would certainly cause the issue you describe. Easy just to manually thump it back into the correct position!

I just noticed your reply after saying my observation. You are absolutely correct, thanks for your input. I think it is a bit more than just thumping it back though.

Darren

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DarrenNewsgroup said:

I think I have figured the problem out with the DOOR mirror; see below.

I knew it was a housing issue. (from experience!) good you can get sorted...

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club