Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bonnet/Door “stuffing”

DannG

Just looking under the bonnet of the car and saw what I can only describe as a small black bag packed with sponge/foam clippings stuffed down by the side of the door. It’s looks very…amateur…so wondering if this is supposed to be there or not…

…but if so, if it’s dislodged as it doesn’t look like it’s in the right place…looks like someone has just placed it there randomly.

ECB2186F-2B0E-47C2-8D25-02F63B57F6AA.jpeg

• Sad 1

That, you may not believe it is exactly how Ford built it !!!!

It's not a mistake or some random bit of rubbish, they "designed" it like that. What you are missing is the plastic drain covers that would hide that and stops the water running down the inside of the wing. They were fitted on cars before 2020, but then discontinued as a further cost cutting exersice

10 minutes ago, unofix said:

That, you may not believe it is exactly how Ford built it !!!!

It's not a mistake or some random bit of rubbish, they "designed" it like that. What you are missing is the plastic drain covers that would hide that and stops the water running down the inside of the wing. They were fitted on cars before 2020, but then discontinued as a further cost cutting exersice

OMG. That’s crazy! I’m shocked it equally not shocked…unbelievable that they can cost cut things like this but still charge more for the cars. Wow. 

Looks like I might have to invest in some covers then as it looks terrible!!

Add this to the fact that when I shut a door on the car it sounds like it’s hollow and going to fall off and it literally makes me feel like I’m driving a car made out of sheet metal and paper!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DannG said:

made out of sheet metal and paper

Nearly, they are now using Tin Foil 🤣

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, unofix said:

It's not a mistake or some random bit of rubbish, they "designed" it like that... 

Is it some kind of noise insulation attempt?

1 minute ago, unofix said:

Nearly, they are now using Tin Foil 🤣

Basically!!!!

It hides the Alarm sounder unit, and possibly also helps to deaden the hollow sound of the wings

• Like 2

1 minute ago, StephenFord said:

Is it some kind of noise insulation attempt?

No idea. Looks like the crap they put in your oversized amazon box to stop your pack of 3 biros flailing about!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, unofix said:

It hides the Alarm sounder unit, and possibly also helps to deaden the hollow sound of the wings

Ah useful to know. I did wonder what that silver box was. Part of me was wondering if that would get “hot” and set the bag on fire 🔥 😂 #WouldntSurpriseMe

Have a read of this thread, it has the part numbers of the drip trays: