Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Maxton Designs Boot Cap Spoiler

DannG

Hey All,

Going to buy the boot cap spoiler for the car at some point, the Maxton Designs site CAP2, but I saw a lovely focus on Instagram and asked the chap what spoiler it was, he confirmed he has the CAP2 spoiler Maxton Designs.….but…it doesn’t look like the one they are selling now. His looks twice the depth and much nicer…has the design changed or do we think it may be the way he has fitted it? i.e: closer to the edge?

Even so…still doesn’t look the same…

CAP2 - https://www.maxtondesign.co.uk/body-kits/ford/ford-focus/ford-focus-mk4/ford-focus-mk4-st-line/spoiler-cap-v.1-ford-focus-st-line-mk4

Picture on site…

0501A9EC-E7C9-4041-8964-C8B71F00D8DC.jpeg

The guys spoiler…

EDD3F108-317A-4164-AEE9-2EEE909A7C09.jpeg

The second picture looks like an ST not St line. Is it a different extension?

It’s also fitted much closer to the edge so maybe just that and the angle of the picture?

8 hours ago, alexp999 said:

The second picture looks like an ST not St line. Is it a different extension?

It’s also fitted much closer to the edge so maybe just that and the angle of the picture?

Second picture is an ST yes (I opened a new thread about the differences between the stock ST Line spoiler vs ST one 😉)…but the CAP2 spoiler on their site looks the same for both cars and doesn’t look like his. You can clearly see his has more length to the fins. Weird. Maybe they changed the design but kept the same name…it’s not like Ford don’t do that 😂 

That's my ST with the V2 Spoiler Cap 🙂

Here's a pic from the Maxton site of the V2 on their demo car.

20220108193807_61d9e81f4b24d-1000x750.thumb.jpg.4f4d698288a39d042a58aba24ad53c5b.jpg

20 minutes ago, colinmcg71 said:

That's my ST with the V2 Spoiler Cap 🙂

Here's a pic from the Maxton site of the V2 on their demo car.

20220108193807_61d9e81f4b24d-1000x750.thumb.jpg.4f4d698288a39d042a58aba24ad53c5b.jpg

😂 It’s funny you should comment as I was looking earlier at what FORscan tweaks I could make as I’ve just had my vLinker cable arrive and saw the post was from you - then realised it was your car I saw on Instagram 😂 

Yeah it’s def odd as I can’t see that on their site. When I look at the products, I just see the one I added above. It’s def smaller! 

Do you have the link for that spoiler? Assume it’s for sale…maybe only an ST version?!?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DannG said:

😂 It’s funny you should comment as I was looking earlier at what FORscan tweaks I could make as I’ve just had my vLinker cable arrive and saw the post was from you - then realised it was your car I saw on Instagram 😂 

Yeah it’s def odd as I can’t see that on their site. When I look at the products, I just see the one I added above. It’s def smaller! 

Do you have the link for that spoiler? Assume it’s for sale…maybe only an ST version?!?

Yeah, there’s different caps for the ST and ST Line, the ST spoiler is a bit bigger. Link to the one I ordered:

https://www.maxtondesign.co.uk/body-kits/ford/ford-focus/ford-focus-mk4/ford-focus-mk4-st/spoiler-cap-ford-focus-st-mk4

36 minutes ago, colinmcg71 said:

Yeah, there’s different caps for the ST and ST Line, the ST spoiler is a bit bigger. Link to the one I ordered:

https://www.maxtondesign.co.uk/body-kits/ford/ford-focus/ford-focus-mk4/ford-focus-mk4-st/spoiler-cap-ford-focus-st-mk4

Thanks for the link. Yep…it’s 100% different. Wonder why they made it smaller…clearly deliberately but your have thought the same style and code type would mean it’s the same. And odd one. I’m going to call them to ask 🙂 

For anybody that cares…☺ I called up Maxtons and they are the same name but different designs - deliberately - The ST version is more aggressive in-line with the car. The ST line version has less wing “pointing upwards” to be more subtle. 

Shame for those of us (me!) that want the ST version but hey ho…

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club