Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Random lose wire + sensor, should it be connected or not?

penguims
聽Share

Hey!

I have recently found two wires which are not connected to anything and some sensor looking thing with two metal pins (both in close proximity to each other). I was wondering if these two wires should be connected to this sensor? I think it could be the power steering pressure sensor thingy, if so does it need to be connected.

many thanks 馃槃

The two wires bottom right and the sensor in the middle.

image.thumb.jpeg.3d2ae84ea23ac656bc14cf651f87e4a1.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.aa03497de945df4348474b16db7a3ffb.jpeg

If it is the power steering monitor, it increases the idle speed - earth core may be black/green, and input to ecu white.

On a 1998 Fiesta we had, cores had been damaged, and with vibration, caused an uneven idle, so I think you could just leave it disconnected.

• Like 2

Assuming your car is petrol - Haynes manual has a paragraph on the removal, and states "in the high pressure pipe leading down to the steering gear at the rear of the engine".

If that is where your unconnected sensor is fitted, then it might well be the PSP.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club