Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bulbs - confused

Jimpster

been doing quite a bit of night driving especially down lanes, I know some bulbs are now illegal, but getting an honest review is a nightmare as to what works and what is no better than OEM. Am on H1 and H7 - osrams are like marmite, i looked at these https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08FRMQY6X/ref=as_li_ss_tl?SubscriptionId=AKIAJO7E5OLQ67NVPFZA&ascsubtag=232565650-192-&tag=msnukrfre-21    but theyre LED's i understand ive to stay within 55watts

I have RING 200% upgrade bulbs in mine. They're not too bad, much better than standard.

I took the LEDs out as they just don't light the road up properly.

You can get the rings from Halfrauds etc

H1s for high beam, I have Osram 100 watts in mine, much better

cheers for that, thought i HAD to stay with 55 watt, will give frauds a look

I wouldn't recommend 100 watt H7s as they're on a lot longer, but H1s are fine

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jimpster said:

been doing quite a bit of night driving especially down lanes, I know some bulbs are now illegal, but getting an honest review is a nightmare as to what works and what is no better than OEM. Am on H1 and H7 - osrams are like marmite, i looked at these https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08FRMQY6X/ref=as_li_ss_tl?SubscriptionId=AKIAJO7E5OLQ67NVPFZA&ascsubtag=232565650-192-&tag=msnukrfre-21    but theyre LED's i understand ive to stay within 55watts

Can't help feeling that listing is an error! 100w LEDs would shine up the moon they'd be that bright! Yes, you can get 100w halogens, but only sold for 'off road' use, and I would not recommend their use anyway as they draw twice the current of standard 55w bulbs, so your wiring could melt!

No issue going with proper LED Bulbs, though they are technically 'illegal' because they are not certified as the law hasn't caught up with technology, but I certainly wouldn't swap back to Victorian technology!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club