Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Northern Ireland and Passports

unofix
聽Share

Now I'm very much aware that Northern Ireland is part of the United Kingdom and those who live there have British passports.

If I travel from England to Northern Ireland by car ferry, do I need a British passport and do I go through 'UK Boarder Control' ?

Just thinking of having a few days away, and I've been all around the world but never been to NI so was thinking I might give it a try 馃榾

Would I be better to fly and just rent a car rather than driving about in an English registered vehicle ?

British Passport.JPG

There will be no border control to NI. Great Britain, the entire island of Ireland (North and ROI), the Channel Islands and Isle of Man are all part of the Common Travel Area which does not require passport for travel between members.聽

Travel advice says you need ID (doesn鈥檛 have to be a passport) when arriving in Ireland (ROI) from the UK by air, but otherwise you shouldn鈥檛 see any border controls or passport checks.聽

If you don鈥檛 have a passport you don鈥檛 need to get one just to visit NI. If you have a photo ID driving licence that would probably suffice as ID to visit ROI too.聽

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

If you don鈥檛 have a passport you don鈥檛 need to get one just to visit NI. If you have a photo ID driving licence that would probably suffice as ID to visit ROI too.聽

Just renewing my passport now, but you can never be sure how long it takes.

Tomorrows job is to fit my new Yuasa battery if the weather is dry.

11 hours ago, unofix said:

Just renewing my passport now, but you can never be sure how long it takes.

Tomorrows job is to fit my new Yuasa battery if the weather is dry.

I have another thread on passports but can't find it right now, I renewed my UK passport last month. I did it online on a Tuesday, and had the new passport in my hand on that Friday!! Yes, I was shocked too after hearing about all the delays people have had recently. I never expected it to take just 3 days!!

Oh, I too had my battery replaced this week with a Yuasa! That's a coincidence!

IMG_20230510_102300_9.thumb.jpg.e2d3e3591226d6672d23d4a5849844fc.jpg

Oh, and shame on you never having visited the most beautiful of countries LOL

Just found my 'passport' thread...

• Thanks 1

Nothing to do with passports (quite normal for threads on here 馃ぃ) but I've got my new battery fitted 馃憤

DSC_0479.JPG

Screenshot_20230513-130617.PNG

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, unofix said:

Nothing to do with passports (quite normal for threads on here 馃ぃ) but I've got my new battery fitted 馃憤

That is one big battery! On Halfords web site, there are 2 batteries listed for my car, one, is the physical size of yours (no mission of fitting in the battery space on my car), and the other is the one that eventually was fitted. I'm guessing there's a reason that Ford chose to locate it half way under the scuttle panel making it very awkward to fit, maybe weight balance?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club