Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Sabbatical

iantt

Out work have just announced a new sabbatical policy . So basically we are now allowed to have from 3-6 months unpaid time off work  once every 5 years to do anything we like, travel the world to volunteering etc etc. 

Theoretically if you could afford that sort of time off unpaid, where would you go or what would you do? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, iantt said:

Out work have just announced a new sabbatical policy . So basically we are now allowed to have from 3-6 months unpaid time off work  once every 5 years to do anything we like, travel the world to volunteering etc etc. 

Theoretically if you could afford that sort of time off unpaid, where would you go or what would you do? 

Unpaid’s mean; do they want you back or not?! 
I’d like this opportunity though. It would help with burnout for sure, wish I’d done this instead of foolishly changing jobs just before the pandemic hit.

Ignoring the fact of dependants, I’d go live somewhere warm and calm for the period to study and relax and try to work out the next chapter..

Yeah, they let you have up to six months off then you return to work as normal. There a few at work considering it. One has no mortgage and already dropped from 5 day week to 4 and other earns good money and could afford not to be paid for 3 months. He got motor home and would travel Europe. 

I'm in neither category🤣🤣

There are loads of places I'd like to visit around the world. 

But I wouldn't want to travel for 3-6 months in one go.

UK passport holders can now only stay in Europe for 90 days in any 180 day period so that rules out basking in Spain for 6 months 🙄

Probably take 4-6 weeks off and do all those jobs around the house/garden that have needed to be done for years. But would also free up time to spend with family/partner/children/grandchildren (like picking them up from school, instead of always leaving "Mum" to do it). 

Not very interesting or exciting, I'm afraid. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club