Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Service issues -MOT failure Dodgy Business ?.

wnbrn

Recently got my car serviced at a local branch of ats euromaster. The service was a full service and in the website they state suspension would be checked and that “ We will check all the vital suspension components, including the car shock absorbers and suspension springs.“  , “Suspension damage is not only a potential reason for MOT failure”. 

Before my service I had clanging noises at the back and therefore I hoped any potential repairs needed would be brought up after the service. After the service all the suspension reports had green ticks, meaning they were in good condition and wouldn’t fail a mot. The problem with this is the clanging noise persisted despite these green ticks, i assumed it was fine as they were mechanics and perhaps it was just my spare tyre in the boot making the noise.

Two weeks later after hardly driving my car, only light driving to and from work, where i park in a flat car park. My car failed it’s MOT for suspension issues, mainly the rear coil springs.

Not sure what to do as i feel like this is a dodgy work practice; the guy at the desk knew I had recently had a service and that the rear  springs should have been checked then. This brings me back to my previous paragraph as how were the springs marked as a no issue item in my service. 

Am i just overreacting in this situation or is this something i should be aware of?

Garages are all out to make money.  If they'd seen the springs snapped during the service they would have noted it down so they could charge you more to replace them...

At the end of the day, mechanics are still human, they make mistakes, some are more observant than others, there would be no reason for them to purposely cover up a fault if they'd seen it.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club