Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which is the right graph for a working EGR? Or none of them?

Daneontheroad

Emboldened by the awesome help I got sorting my DPF issue last week I went and replaced my EGR valve which was sticking and never went to 0% error on the FORscan readout. Post replacement inspection showed that the tiny ball bearing inside was tilted from use and would lock in certain positions.

After resetting the learned values the engine runs better but the readout of the error percentage seemed strange. Then I fiddled with the connection on the valve and got what seems like a more correct graph. But since I haven't seen a perfectly functioning I would like to hear if this looks right? The first image is before and the other after manipulating the connection and I would think that a readout of both positive and negative error makes most sense. Cleverly I did not make one before the replacement of the valve ☹

1EGRerror.thumb.JPG.444ffdc46cf0ebcdbc803c2ca43b6bcc.JPG2EGRerror.thumb.JPG.ab4933fef438530c59bc9f883a6f1081.JPG

The bad connection might not even be on the valve itself bc I also get a lot of irritating ABS DTCs about improper shutdown, lost communication with SASM, ivalid data from ECM/PCM A and I think a few others. The ABS module is located near the EGR valve and is probably on the same loop of the wiring harness and I suspect some connection issue upstream of the two. Or a ground problem. I also read a P1462 - A/C Pressure Sensor Circuit Low but this may or may not be connected to that issue.

Ah, the fun of owning an old car.

On 9/6/2023 at 9:32 AM, Daneontheroad said:

Emboldened by the awesome help I got sorting my DPF issue last week I went and replaced my EGR valve which was sticking and never went to 0% error on the FORscan readout. Post replacement inspection showed that the tiny ball bearing inside was tilted from use and would lock in certain positions.

After resetting the learned values the engine runs better but the readout of the error percentage seemed strange. Then I fiddled with the connection on the valve and got what seems like a more correct graph. But since I haven't seen a perfectly functioning I would like to hear if this looks right? The first image is before and the other after manipulating the connection and I would think that a readout of both positive and negative error makes most sense. Cleverly I did not make one before the replacement of the valve ☹

1EGRerror.thumb.JPG.444ffdc46cf0ebcdbc803c2ca43b6bcc.JPG2EGRerror.thumb.JPG.ab4933fef438530c59bc9f883a6f1081.JPG

The bad connection might not even be on the valve itself bc I also get a lot of irritating ABS DTCs about improper shutdown, lost communication with SASM, ivalid data from ECM/PCM A and I think a few others. The ABS module is located near the EGR valve and is probably on the same loop of the wiring harness and I suspect some connection issue upstream of the two. Or a ground problem. I also read a P1462 - A/C Pressure Sensor Circuit Low but this may or may not be connected to that issue.

Ah, the fun of owning an old car.

Is there really noone who can comment on if one of the graphs looks right? Please?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club