Do Not Sell My Personal Information

S-max Tpms installation &activation

galak

Hi guys, bought an s-max 2.0l ecoboost 3 mths ago.mine doesn't equipped with TPMS. How do i retrofit the system for my car? Any control module required apart from installing the tyre pressure sensors in the wheel? If it is, can anyone advise me on the installation/coding/wiring diagrams..and if not..how do i activate it. Pls assist me.thx

Hi I cant help so far as a control or receiver module. It may though help to know that as far as im concerned the individual wheel sensors need no programming. Just fit them on the wheel and drive over 30 MPH for a few miles and the system picks them up . Ive replaced a few over several years, No OBD or anything else was required. good luck   

To try and fit the OEM system would be very hard work and very costly. Each wheel would need the sensor installed, then each wheel arch would require a receiver. Then there is the question of the BCM, does it support TPMS on your vehicle, possibly not.

There are aftermarket systems that are quick and easy to install. I maybe wrong but I think that @StephenFord might well have a system on his car.

You may have the option of DDS through the ABS sensors instead.  Not as accurate as TMPS but better than nothing.  Can probably be activated through Forscan.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, unofix said:

There are aftermarket systems that are quick and easy to install. I maybe wrong but I think that @StephenFord might well have a system on his car.

Yes I do, but it was very expensive, it cost £25 for all 4 tire sensors, as well as the central display unit! LOL In 6 years of ownership, I replaced all 4 sensor batteries this year at a cost of £2/each...

TPMS.thumb.jpg.b05c53441e28e7c260ad2a2e911ba636.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StephenFord said:

Yes I do, but it was very expensive, it cost £25 for all 4 tire sensors, as well as the central display unit! LOL In 6 years of ownership, I replaced all 4 sensor batteries this year at a cost of £2/each...

....and your front left tyre still needs some air 🤣

1 minute ago, unofix said:

....and your front left tyre still needs some air 🤣

aahhh, but you'd only know because I have TPMS LOL

It was all sorted though...

TPMS32psi.thumb.jpg.54989aa3c7861b49dbf94e48a5ecd49c.jpg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club