Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Injector

fullwavebridge

I am going to say the face of this injector is knackered and thus the reason it has failed on the seal again.

Never spotted this first time round, is there any way around this or is it injector replacement...

IMG_2253.jpeg

IMG_2255.jpeg

IMG_2257.jpeg

IMG_2258.jpeg

• Like 1

You were spinning in a drill, on some crocus paper ?

I've done something similar in the past to clean the commutator of a vacuum cleaner motor.  Spinning it with a drill, with abrasive round the comm.

• Like 1

I actually used my bench grinder.

It has a new very fine grit wheel, held the injector at 90 degrees to the side of the wheel and ground the injectors seat face, rotating very carefully and consistently just enough to remove the gas erosion damage.

I then drilled a hole on my sheds vertical frame pillar, 8mm i think it was - so the injector nozzle wasn't rubbing - pushed it through some p800 wet n dry into the hole and with a lot of pressure rotated by hand the injector against the wet n dry.

Took abt an hour but almost got a perfect mirror smooth face. Looks good that i thought ?

Unorthodox method, but it worked.

I originally started with a file but after a few strokes realized it would be almost impossible to get the score marks out of the face.

Yes i have done that too with motors in the past, but resorted to using a fibre glass brush as it's less abrasive.

This chapter i thought was closed, original fault codes were egr, maf and whatever else.... took motor for a run last night and was superb - today effing eac fail appeared again - read with forscan and MAF sensor has failed (AGAIN).... replaced it 3 years ago with a mid priced £60 euro car parts unit.

Got another maf sensor to collect from ecp in the morning.... wait for it..... starline unit £26.99 !!!😄i know they are ***** !

Just to try for a few days and see if it sorts it, if it does, when i get back to work next week (york motor factors) i will buy the best at trade price.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

All still going well with the injector seat face, egr and cheapo maf.

The car and i had words, i told it if it carried on creating problems then it was going in the crusher....

Been right as rain since (with the exception of an indicator bulb) 😁

I think the indicator was actually a tear, as i also told it i may not need it much longer as i have a back up motorbike for work now...

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club