Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

De-icer... How much??

StephenFord

I haven't bought de-icer in years but vaguely remember it being a couple of quid. Normally at home I just whack a watering can of warm water over car.

However this week we're away and I couldn't even open door this morning and d-icing a car at a hotel is a real faff. 

Popped into a discount store here (Irish equivalent of B&M), and was charged 12 Euros for 2 cans (£5.16/can) I've been ripped off, haven't I? 🤣IMG_20231205_161336_2.thumb.jpg.e0dddc8747c846ddd185485f8cc26abb.jpg

• Sad 3

I fear they may have taken advantage of you 🙁 Even Halfords don't charge that much.

de-icer.JPG

• Haha 3

This morning my car was frozen solid, I never realised how cold it was, and was already running late. As I was going to my garage ready to get watering can/warm water, I remembered about my €6 deicer. Must confess, it was very efficient, A spray front & back had ice melted in seconds! That Prestone is pretty good stuff! Though I'll keep it for special occasions 🤣

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

This morning my car was frozen solid

I remember the missus keeping a can of de-icer in her car! I told here that's a daft idea because what if your locks are frozen up, then you can't get in the car, have the can in the kitchen ready to be used......Guess what happened one day 🤣😂🤣.......🙄

• Haha 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club