Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How to Lock Front Passenger Door With Dead Battery?

Andy2166

So, today was my first day recovering from Man-Flu' after laying up for three weeks. I go to open my Confusion - and nothing.  The key-fob won't unlock.  I unlock manually, put the key in the ignition - and nothing.  No start, no dash lights, zippo!  That's when I remembered that line in the instructions for the fancy reversing camera I installed last month: "If your vehicle is to remain stationary for several weeks, disconnect the camera power cord to prevent draining the battery."  Oh, 💩  I then open the front passenger door to reach the bonnet latch to check the battery.  Staring at the dead battery wouldn't bring it back to life, so I close the passenger door, then close and manually lock the driver's door.  It was pure dumb instinct that made me check the passenger door was actually locked.  Of course, it wasn't - no power to activate the lock, and no key slot on that particular door to manually lock with the key.  ***** marvellous, eh?  I think you can guess where my Topic Title came from now?

I now have a car sat in a carpark at the rear of my building with an unlocked door ... and it's getting dark outside.  Not worried about someone stealing the car (not unless they brought a fresh battery with them), but still concerned that someone could decide to climb inside for a kip, a pee, or to take the radio or that [CENSORED] reversing camera!  So, until I can sort out a new battery in daylight, does anyone know how I can lock that passenger door manually?  BTW: I've been down the 'friend with a set of jump-leads' road, but that didn't work; the battery was completely, utterly, and unhelpfully discharged.  Of course, it might turn out to be something else, asides from the battery, but in the meantime, there's that unlocked door nagging at me. 😠

Any helpful suggestions greatfully received (especially if scribbled on the back of a £20-note to my address before Santa clocks-on!).

Andy.

• Sad 1

I think you just push the door handle in from the drivers seat.  Then get out and lock the driver's door with the barrel.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I think you just push the door handle in from the drivers seat.  Then get out and lock the driver's door with the barrel.

Erm ... nope! 🤨🙃

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Andy2166 said:

Erm ... nope! 🤨🙃

That's odd.  :unsure: 

If that doesn't work, look along the door edge for a plastic keyblade sized slot.  Looks very similar to a child lock.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club