Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Low Pressure A/C Port Location - MK3 Focus 2012 2.0 TDCi

jrcc

Hi all, I cannot for the life of me find the low pressure port to regas the AC on my car, I’ve tried to look up the ports location online with videos of others performing the regas and it seems to be in one of two places but isn’t on mine? I tried finding a workshop manual for the car to find a diagram but couldn’t find the right manual for this engine / config

I’ve Found what is think is the correct hose along the back behind the engine but cannot feel or see the dust cap for the port

Hoping someone can help located - I’ve attached pictures and circled where I’ve looked, as title is a 2012 MK3 pre facelift, 2.0 TDCi Titanium X

image2.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image0.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image4.jpeg

image5.jpeg

If you take your engine cover off it is behind your engine and lower than the top of your cover.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/6/2024 at 5:43 PM, Neb_engineer said:

If you take your engine cover off it is behind your engine and lower than the top of your cover.

22 hours ago, unofix said:

Thank you both for your answers, I can see from that diagram and chart that the 19D702 is the cap for the low pressure port, the angled valve on the right is indeed behind my engine slightly lower just as you described and pictured however I couldn't see or feel the protruding part with the cap on it at all (circled the parts I mean in attachment), at this point I will have to go back and have another look tomorrow when it is daylight - It must be there!

Screenshot 2024-01-07 at 20.52.48.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Is this the low pressure port? Looks like a pressure switch to me. But can't find anything else on the pipes. Same car and same engine.

Screenshot_20240121-140541~2.png

2 hours ago, JC07030 said:

Is this the low pressure port? Looks like a pressure switch to me. But can't find anything else on the pipes. Same car and same engine.

nope, its a silver pipe with a big black dust cover on the refill port.

• Like 1

On 1/21/2024 at 2:13 PM, JC07030 said:

Exactly where I was at with this, what you’ve pictured is what I have on mine - but it’s not the low pressure port - whatever that is seems to be close to where it should be, bit that isn’t it 😞

Haven’t came back to this since my post but going to give it another go this weekend

Update: finally found the port, its below the oil refill cap - move a hose to the side and you'll see the port, pictures & video attached

Re-gas'd successfully, may have overfilled it but thats a separate issue to tackle, gauge was reading low 12psi before adding refrigerant, got it up to 30 although I then kept trying to add more and it wouldn't go above 30....

Either way its now blowing ice cold air so thats a start!

Thanks for all replies and help with this - hopefully these pictures and video help anyone else that gets stuck with this!

IMG_5184.jpeg

IMG_5185.jpeg

IMG_5190.jpeg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club