Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2019 Galaxy Charge System Service Now warning.

Dano78

Can charging the battery using a Halfords 4a 12v battery charger cause damage result in the Charge System service warning? My 2019 Galaxy was having battery issues, heated windscreen not working and a perpetual notice saying stop start is not operating because battery is charging. I attached the battery charger to the positive on the battery and to the screw on the bodywork for the negative. I charged the battery still attached to the car over night and it started up great in the morning and the heated windscreen started working, but then in the afternoon I was getting 'charge system service now' warning. I hope it's not my fault and I should of just had the battery changed. 

I have just bought this car and I suspect it's been sat on a car sales courtyard all through winter causing the battery to have issues but I worry I was too hasty in charging it and might have caused damage to the alternator now. We are experiencing very cold weather here in Ireland at the moment. -4 -5c 

Edit: I forgot to mention the service warning only comes on when at idle and stationary. When I drive it goes away. 

thanks

IMG-20240117-WA0017.jpeg

IMG-20240117-WA0014.jpeg

This notice is in relation to stop start and why it's not currently operational. I have not seen stop start working yet as we haven't gone above 0c since I got the car anyway. 

2 minutes ago, unofix said:

You charged the battery the correct way. 👍

If it is still giving warnings about the charge being low there are a few possibilities:

• The battery needed to be charged for longer - Put the battery back on charge.
  • The battery is getting old, or is just failing to hold a charge due to the cold - Replace the battery
  • You may have a parasitic current draw, running the battery down. - Pray this is not the case !!
  • The alternator may not be charging the battery - Get the alternator tested.

You need to test the battery terminal voltage about 1 hour after you park the car. Use a digital multimeter and have a look at the State Of Charge table below.

Ford - Battery SOC & Text.JPG

Buy one of these and see what your voltage is when the message appears

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club